Wowza Media System is seeking a Billing Specialist to be the primary point of contact for the bulk of our customers’ billing related inquiries. This is an exciting opportunity for someone passionate about helping customers and who will thrive inside a fast-paced environment, creating compelling and competitive products with worldwide impact.
What you will be doing:
The successful candidate will join a team of experienced billing specialists. This position will be responsible for providing customer support in a timely manner for Wowza Media Systems’ diverse customer base, via our ticketing system, email, and incoming calls. Candidate will be expected to process order cancellations, apply payments, respond to invoice inquiries, conduct basic account and login changes, as well as account reactivations, and escalating complex tickets to the appropriate party.
Experience we’d like you to have:
The ideal candidate will have call center and/or email customer service experience, as well as the ability to navigate in multiple systems at once, while sorting through and triaging a large volume of incoming inquiries, or ‘tickets’.
- 2-4+ years experience customer service/billing experience. Mac environment experience a plus.
- Subscription based billing experience is a plus.
- Experience in providing external customer support in a Service Desk environment and working within a formal ticketing system; Zendesk a plus
- Ensuring all inbound issues are triaged and responding to within agreed upon acceptable time-frames
- Ability to work with high-volume, somewhat repetitive tasks
- Prioritization skills and attention to detail a must; ability to work on multiple projects in downtime
- Curiosity and desire to learn complex systems and processes a must
- Desired experience working within Zuora, and/or Salesforce preferred
- Ability to work independently, with the support of, and accountability to a team
- Excellent English verbal, written, organizational and interpersonal skills; other languages a plus
- College Degree preferred
Who We Are
Wowza Media Systems is a streaming software, cloud services, and hardware provider aimed at powering live streaming for today’s most innovative companies. We frequent Streaming Media’s list of Companies That Matter Most in Online Video and Readers’ Choice Awards, as well as Built in Colorado’s list of Best Medium Workplaces (with a 4.8 rating on Glassdoor).
Cofounders David Stubenvoll and Charlie Good first set out to create cool stuff with like-minded people in 2005. In the fourteen years that have followed, Wowza’s become the gold standard for streaming. One third of content delivery networks (CDNs) have Wowza’s technology built in and more than 35,000 organizations across the globe have powered their streaming with Wowza.
With adoption rates exploding, use cases proliferating, and video quality increasing, the streaming industry’s influence on everyday life continues to grow. And when it comes to live video, one thing rings true: If you can dream it, the experts at Wowza can help you build it.
Why Work for Wowza
Wowza’s global team is headquartered in the foothills of Colorado, with plenty of parking and where the deer, elk, and buffalo roam. Generous PTO and paid holidays, a healthy work-life-balance, and a 401K match that vests immediately are among the many reasons we love working here.
The tight-knit crew benefits from a dog-friendly workplace, unlimited snacks, catered lunches, holiday parties, and more. Employees are encouraged to take ownership of their role with limited oversight — and coworkers are happy to help one another out.
Wowza’s team also works to connect the larger community with our passion for tech. From live-streaming graduation ceremonies for local high schools to participating in events like SheTech, employees are able to cultivate the same creative energy that first brought the company to life.
Wowza Media Systems is an equal opportunity employer, committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment for all people to thrive in.