Analyst, Pricing & Product at Pie Insurance
| Greater Denver Area | Remote
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:29 a.m. (MST) on Wednesday, October 27, 2021
Pie Insurance Named a Top Colorado Company 2020
Pie is rated Excellent by our customers on Trustpilot
Check out our great reviews from current and former employees on Glassdoor
Pie raises an additional $127M in funding
Pie Insurance is an insurtech company tackling meaningful problems. At Pie, we work with small businesses using technology and innovation to improve how they access insurance. Like our small business clients, we are a diverse team of builders, dreamers, and entrepreneurs. So, at the heart of every decision we make is the idea that if it doesn’t serve our clients, it doesn’t serve us.
Pie’s Pricing & Product Analyst position is responsible for competitive analysis, and researching market pricing and pricing levels to ensure profitability for commercial lines. This role will establish metrics, pricing and models of a new commercial auto product line for Pie Insurance. The Pricing & Product Analyst is also responsible for building and developing product lines while managing the performance through monitoring the market to ensure the competitiveness over the market pricing over time.
Pie is an incredibly collaborative team with constant communication. You will work across teams and collaborate with stakeholders and team members. Great communication and coordination skills are key to your success. This person will be responsible for connecting with people in all levels of the organization frequently to collaborate on reporting and accounting functions and ensure data is accurate.
Today, all Pie-oneers are working remotely and will continue to do so until it is safe to return to the office. As a remote team member, you will be expected to be available for meetings with team members in other time zones and have access to reliable, high-speed internet.
We will consider this role for continued remote work once our offices reopen with some travel to Denver and/or DC.
How You'll Do It:
- Responsible for competitive analysis, and researching market pricing and pricing levels to ensure profitability for commercial lines.
- Establishing metrics, pricing and models of a new commercial auto product line for an organization.
- Building and developing product lines.
- Managing the performance here.
- Monitoring the market to ensure the competitiveness over the market pricing over time.
- Maintaining the product line for profitability and sustainability and continuous improvement monitoring.
- Data Analytics & Data Manipulation:
- Responsible for competitive analysis, researching market pricing and underwriting guidelines for assigned states.
- Working to help make sure the product is competitively and profitably priced.
- Gathering information data points and analytics to determine scope.
- Using data to work through Snowflake and writing SQL queries and manipulate data sets to achieve certain results.
- Use online resources, competitor information, subscriber services and competitive filings, and service offering tools for developing information.
- Review and analysis of different state requirements.
- Gather information to understand and provide context into the processes built by competitors.
- Size the marketplace and understand the opportunity of a given area and coverage opportunities in various States.
- Monitor the performance of the product in order to analyze internal processes around sales, quoting, binding and issuing policies, and ensure profitability and retention rates are sound.
- Team Member/Team Resource:
- Supporting the Customer Success team to help answer questions. This position will act as the Tier 2 and escalation resource for the team when it comes to customer questions.
- Sharing information with leaders and presenting data points.
- Effectively communicate information from large data sets and be able to explain the why behind the information.
- Supporting the underwriting function with data analysis.
- Highlighting areas of concern and bringing forward to the leader for review.
The Right Stuff
- Bachelor’s Degree is required. Master’s Degree may be considered in lieu of required work experience.
- 3 years of analytical work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree in quantitative field of study. OR 5 years of analytical work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree in an unrelated field of study.
- Background in statistics and mathematics, statistics or economics is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated work experience in P&C insurance- specifically personal or commercial auto lines is highly preferred.
- Basic knowledge of using SAS, SQL, snowflake or other data query tools.
- Advanced Excel skills are required (formulas, importing large data sets, pivots, macros and automation).
- Sense of creativity and strategic thinking about how analytics relate to business outcomes now and into the future.
- An understanding of the iterative workflow process to work collaboratively on global tasks.
- Problem solving skills to work through numerical issues with data sets.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and self starter.
- Likes variety and not repetition, but can build repetition in process for scalability purposes.
- Attention to detail and ability to perform reasonability checks; self-check own data models.
- A high degree of accuracy and attention to specifics is required.
- Data mining and analysis skills to provide relevant data points and analytics.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to effectively present technical concepts to non-technical individuals within and outside the organization.
- Competitive salary.
- A piece of the Pie (in the form of stock options).
- Comprehensive health plans.
- Generous PTO.
- Paid sick leave.
- Future-focused 401k match.
- Our core values are more than just a poster on the wall; they’re tangibly reflected in our work and recognized with our monthly culture award.
- Generous parental leave.
Compensation & Benefits
Our goal is to make all aspects of working with us as easy as Pie. That includes our offer process. When we have identified talent that is a good fit for Pie, we work hard to present an equitable and fair offer. We look at your knowledge, skills, and experience along with your compensation expectations and align that with our company equity processes to determine our offer ranges. We value and want to support our team members, and are proud to offer a comprehensive compensation package which includes the following:
Compensation Range for position: $78,000 - $105,000
Other Benefits: Each year Pie reviews Company performance and may grant discretionary bonuses to eligible team members.
Pie Insurance is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, or other protected characteristic.
Pie Insurance participates in the E-Verify program. Please click here, here, and here for more information.