Accounts Payable Specialist at Vertafore
Vertafore is a leading technology company whose innovative software solution are advancing the insurance industry. Our suite of products provides solutions to our customers that help them better manage their business, boost their productivity and efficiencies, and lower costs while strengthening relationships.
Our mission is to move InsurTech forward by putting people at the heart of the industry. We are leading the way with product innovation, technology partnerships, and focusing on customer success.
Our fast-paced and collaborative environment inspires us to create, think, and challenge each other in ways that make our solutions and our teams better.
We are headquartered in Denver, Colorado, with offices across the U.S., Canada, and India.
This position is responsible for the incoming and outgoing Accounts Payable Department correspondence. In addition, this position is accountable for accurate and efficient data entry and document filing, as well as timely and professional responses to internal and external customer inquiries.
The Accounts Payable Specialist will manage and improve upon high volume reoccurring preapproved invoice upload process. This process requires continual maintenance on a strict timeline which insures timely payments to our most critical vendors. Candidate must be skilled in Microsoft Excel with attention to detail and deadlines. This role will conduct a monthly review of issued purchasing card statements and corresponding receipts.
The Accounts Payable Specialist will continue to improve and expand Accounts Payable's on-going paperless initiative. They will work with vendors to receive invoices electronically.
Core Requirements and Responsibilities:
· Review vendor invoices for appropriate documentation and validity prior to payment
· Enter vendor invoices into the accounting system, ensuring accurate data and G/L account allocation
· Communicate with other departments internally to follow-up on vendor invoice issues and discrepancies
· Maintain Accounts Payable inbox
· Review vendor statements, research and resolve discrepancies
· Assist with other projects and ad hoc requests as needed
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Ability to interact with customers, employees, and vendors in a professional manner to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
· Ability to work as an active participant in a team environment
· Knowledge and skill using computerized word processing, spreadsheet and other database software
· Organizational skills to accomplish a variety of concurrent tasks on a day to day basis and make appropriate decisions in performing duties independently to meet the needs and goals of the department.
· Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook)
· Netsuite/Oracle experience preferred
· Experience with data entry into an ERP system preferred
· Exceptional interpersonal and customer service experience required
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Additional Requirements and Details:
· Travel required up to 10% of the time.
· Ability to work remotely with a stable internet connection on an as-needed basis
· Located and working from an office location (when required)*
· Occasional lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds.
· Frequent repetitive hand and arm movements required to operate a computer.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision (working on a computer, etc.).
· Frequent sitting and/or standing.
*Our offices are currently closed due to COVID-19 and are scheduled to re-open mid 2021.
THE VERTAFORE STORY
Over the past 50 years, Vertafore has advanced the entire insurance distribution channel with the best software solutions in the industry. Today, we're proud to say hundreds of thousands of Vertafore users rely on our solutions to write business faster, reduce costs, and fuel growth by increasing collaboration and streamlining processes. Vertafore leads the industry with secure, cloud-based mobile products that provide superior reporting and analytics, delivering actionable insight- right when customers need it most. We partner with other leading technology companies to deliver comprehensive solutions to improve the way our customers do business and serve their customers.
The Vertafore Way
Insurance is about relationships, and technology should make those relationships stronger. That's why, at Vertafore, it's our mission to transform the way the industry operates by putting people at the heart of insurance technology. By focusing on our customers, becoming better every day, and delivering results you can see, we provide the level of trust and security that insurance is all about.
· Bias to Action: We're united by an innate drive to take action and make a difference in the technology and insurance spaces.
· Win Together: We work together as one team, showing empathy and respect along the way.
· Show Up Curious: We work to challenge one another to push boundaries and think beyond the box.
· Say It, Do It: We honor every one of our commitments because integrity is important to us.
· Customer Success is Our Success: We cultivate authentic relationships and follow up by actively listening to their needs.
· We Love Insurance: We appreciate the impact insurance has on the world.
Is this role not an exact fit for you? Keep an eye on our Careers Page for other positions!
Vertafore is a drug free workplace and conducts preemployment drug and background screenings.
The selected candidate must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the job responsibilities, duties, skill, or working conditions. In addition, this document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.
Vertafore strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
We do not accept resumes from agencies, headhunters, or other suppliers who have not signed a formal agreement with us.