Accounts Payable & Payroll Specialist at Evolve
Evolve is a hospitality company with a mission to make renting a vacation home easy for everyone. Thanks to an unapologetic passion for hospitality, we now support over 15,000 properties in over 750 markets across North America. We enjoy earning each guest and owner's business - all while having some fun along the way.
Why this role
Evolve is an emerging power house in the vacation rental and hospitality space. We are gearing up for growth in 2021 and beyond. We are looking for an Accounts Payable & Payroll Support Analyst to join a fun and energetic Accounting Team. The right individual has the drive and passion to support the Accounts Payable and Payroll functions and is interested in a fast-paced, high-growth environment. The ideal future Evolver must be a flexible team player who has experience with both Accounts Payable and Payroll, and takes pride in efficiency and accuracy. If you are ready to roll up your sleeves and dive into the A/P and Payroll world, we want to hear from you.
What you’ll do
- Manage vendor relationships with professional communication and service
- Timely accurate payment of vendors
- Timely accurate employee expense reimbursement
- Support 1099/1096 preparation and provide follow up for vendors as needed
- Record all indirect tax payments made by the tax team
- Ensure proper documentation and approval for credit card transactions
- Assist with bi-weekly payroll processing
- Support Payroll Manager with accurate and timely processing of payroll updates including new hires, terminations, and changes to pay rates
- Maintain accurate records and reports of payroll transactions
- Assist accounting team with special projects
- Facilitate audits by providing records and documentation to auditors
- Comply with accounts payable and payroll process and procedures
What makes you a great fit
- 2+ years of Accounts Payable and Payroll experience
- Associates degree or Bachelors’ degree, accounting preferred
- Understanding of the Accounts Payable and Payroll process flows
- Knowledge of Accounts Payable and Payroll internal/SOX controls
- Knowledge of and comfort with multi-state wage and hours laws and regulations
- Knowledge of the payroll function including preparation, balancing, internal control, and payroll taxes
- Knowledge of US GAAP
- Strong written and verbal communications skills, critical thinking, positive attitude, empathy and work-ethic
- Detail-oriented and well organized
- Possess a customer service and cross functional collaborative mindset
- Proficient with Quickbooks, Paycor or similar accounting and web-based HRIS is a plus
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel
- Ability to work autonomously with a high degree of accuracy and strong attention to detail
- Maintain a high level of discretion and adhere to confidentiality standards
Evolve has a flexible working environment so teammates can work remotely anywhere in the state of Colorado, in our beautiful downtown Denver office, remotely or a hybrid of both! We're currently all working remotely and will be opening up the office in the near future for our in office and hybrid options.
For this role our salary range is $22.00 - $26.00 per hour, depending on relevant experience.
Total Rewards at Evolve
At Evolve, we care for our teammates by supporting their physical, mental, and financial wellbeing through a comprehensive Total Rewards Program.
- Industry competitive pay, including equity in the company for all Evolvers
- Health insurance package options that include 100% employer paid HDHP plan and two PPO plan options for you and your dependents
- Employer-paid dental, and vision, for you and your qualified dependents
- Paid life insurance, short-term disability, and long-term disability coverage
- 401(k) with a 4% match that vests immediately
- PTO, sick days, and paid Parental Leave
- Rich learning and development program for Evolvers
But wait, there’s more… optional benefits offered include commuter benefits, pet insurance and travel perks.
Opportunity: Our leadership and management teams are dedicated to creating meaningful learning and growth opportunities for all Evolvers, as well as providing clear expectations and continuous feedback.
Community: It’s easy to make friends at Evolve. We support maintaining a strong community through our teammate-led groups focused on learning, inclusion, environmental wellness, and more.
Transparency: Every month, our leadership team shares how the company is performing, explaining where we’re headed next, and recognizing team members for jobs well done.
Values: They mean more to Evolve than just bullets on a page, they drive our daily decisions and impact how we work as a hospitality company.
- Earn It
- Build Loyalty One Interaction at a Time
- Communicate Often, Honestly & Directly
- Embrace Change
- Stay Hungry & Humble
- Be Efficient
- Take Risks
- Learn Every Day
- Have Some Fun Along the Way
Which value sounds the most like you?
Evolve is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that a diverse work environment is a successful work environment so all qualified candidates will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.