Accounts Payable Manager at Checkr
Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving understanding of the past. We believe all candidates, regardless of who they are, should have a fair chance to work. Established in 2014 and valued at $4.6B, Checkr is using technology to bring hiring to the next level. Our People Trust Platform uses machine learning to help thousands of companies modernize their background check process and make hiring safer, more efficient, and more inclusive. Some of our customers include, Uber, Instacart, Doordash, Netflix, Compass Group, and Adecco.
A career with Checkr is an opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest minds, disrupt an industry for a better future, and give otherwise overlooked candidates access to employment. Checkr has been recognized in Forbes Best Startup Employers and is a top Y Combinator company by valuation.
As the Accounts Payable Manager, you will report to the Director, Payroll, Stock & 401k. You will play a significant role in Checkr’s Procure to Pay (P2P) process, by being responsible for the overall accuracy of Checkr’s accounts payable (AP) coding and routing across its entities. You will own the processes for invoices and vendor transactions to ensure accurate GL coding and appropriate approval routing, manage Checkr’s Employee Expense report processes and Corporate Credit Card programs, respond to AP inquiries, and support month-end operations vendor accruals and unrecorded liabilities analysis. In addition, you will help with ad-hoc projects and support our annual financial statement audit.
- Design and evolve procedures to record and process vendor invoices and credit card transactions
- Develop, track, and report on KPIs for P2P functional areas under your ownership
- Monthly payables and credit card usage reporting to senior leadership
- Respond to internal and external AP inquiries
- Drive continuous process improvement and development of automated systems, including implementation and enhancements to AP and Procurement tools
- Support the Accounting and Finance teams on inquiries related to vendor invoicing and payments
- Partner with internal teams and develop relationships to ensure positive collaboration
- Perform general account analysis and reconciliations
- Assist with the management of annual financial audits and month/quarterly reporting for board meetings
- Assist with day-to-day, monthly, and year-end operations of the accounting and finance department
What you bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- 3-5 years of accounting-related work experience
- Strong knowledge of ERP systems (preferably Netsuite); Expensify, Bill.com, and Brex experience a plus
- Experience with JIRA and Zendesk a strong plus
- Proficient in MS Office (especially Excel); familiarity with databases and SQL is an asset
- Excellent organizational abilities, attention to detail, strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal oversight
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment where we leverage the latest technology
- Hands-on coaching and professional development
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Flexible PTO policy
- Gym membership & transportation reimbursements
The base salary for this position will vary based on geography and other factors. In accordance with Colorado law, the base salary for this role if filled within Colorado is $108,800-$128,000.
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.