Accounting Manager II
UPDATED - DUE TO INTERNAL MOVEMENT - Originally this role was planned to run our NA Components Accounting team, but has been updated and now will run our Accounting for specialty businesses, including:
- AE Petsche (http://www.aepetsche.com/)
- eInfo (https://www.einfochips.com/media/press-releases/arrow-electronics-acquires-einfochips/)
- IoT (https://www.arrow.com/en/iot)
- PSG (https://www.powerandsignal.com/)
This team will have two managers with a team of 7-10 accountants at various levels.
The Accounting Manager II will partner with all levels of the business to deliver the highest quality financial analysis and support to assist in strategic decision-making. Research complex GAAP issues escalated from staff, provide direction on technical accounting matters.
● Train and educate employees on day to day functional responsibilities. Resolve complex employee issues/concerns. May seek guidance/collaboration from senior management as needed
● Perform day to day functional responsibility and/or conduct financial analysis to identify and evaluate risk and exposure; recommend appropriate action.
● Set and communicate direction for team in order to deliver results in line with strategic goals. May need intermittent guidance from senior management to develop staff for optimal team performance.
● Research and inform team on regulatory issues. Identify and raise any risks and exposures to senior management.
● Manages professional employees and/or supervisors or supervises large, complex technical or business support or production operations team(s)
● Is accountable for the performance and results of a team within own discipline or function
● Adapts departmental plans and priorities to address resource and operational challenges
● Decisions are guided by policies, procedures and business plan; receives guidance from senior manager
● Provides technical guidance to employees, colleagues and/or customers
● Accountable for the budget, performance and results of a medium-sized team or multiple small teams
● Exercises full management authority, including performance reviews, pay decisions, recruitment, discipline, termination and other personnel actions
● Addresses issues with impact beyond own team based on knowledge of related disciplines
Experience / Education
Typically requires a minimum of 10 years of related experience with a 4 year degree; or 8 years and an advanced degree; or equivalent experience.
CPA highly preferred.