Executive Desktop Support Analyst
Desktop Support Analyst II – Executive Support
Arrow Electronics, Inc. – Denver, CO
The Desktop Support Analyst will be responsible for providing PC hardware and software support for our local and remote Executive users in a mixed Windows and Apple environment. Executives are defined as Vice President up to C-Level Senior Leadership positions. The Analyst will also actively assist with major PC related projects (rollout of a new application, hardware/software upgrades, integrations, etc.) This candidate will be a member of a support team that provides high quality PC Support to over 10,000 clients at Arrow facilities throughout North America.
· Provide second-level IT technical support to onsite and remote Executives by resolving moderately complex to highly complex technical issues.
· Demonstrate an expert level ability to inspire trust with Executive by performing expert technical support with highly professional written and oral communication skills.
· Demonstrate an expert level ability to maintain confidentiality.
· Demonstrate an expert ability to manage the needs of multiple requests in order to create an effective schedule and then successfully adapt to changing that schedule on short notice as situations change.
· Track, record and respond to requests for IT technical support. Technical support will include workstation hardware, application and collaboration software and mobile devices utilizing Windows and Apple operating systems.
· Deploy PC software fixes, patches, updates for Windows and Apple devices.
· Correctly manage assets in the Arrow Asset Management System with accurate and detailed computer hardware information.
· Support IT special projects, including but not limited to: office moves, data recovery, hardware and software testing, acquisition integrations, etc.
· Diagnose and resolve support incidents via phone, remote control or desk-side visits.
· Assists Level 1 and Level 2 IT Analysts with issue troubleshooting.
· Collaborates with 3rd level support to troubleshoot highly complex issues.
· Minimum of 5 years’ hands-on experience installing, troubleshooting and supporting laptops, PCs, peripherals and business critical applications for Executives in large, multi-location, corporate environments via phone, remote control and desk side visits.
· Experience demonstrating proficiency supporting Executive meetings including Board of Director meeting support.
· Experience demonstrating proficiency supporting Windows 7, Windows 10, Apple OSX, MS Outlook/Exchange, MS Office 2016, Office 365, and Microsoft Skype for Business.
· Experience demonstrating proficiency using Enterprise remote-control software, software distribution tools and device management software.
· Experience demonstrating proficiency supporting McAfee Endpoint and Bitlocker Encryption software.
· Experience demonstrating proficiency supporting Sophos Anti-Virus and Enterprise malware scanning and removal tools.
· Experience demonstrating proficiency supporting end user collaboration tools, such as Microsoft SharePoint, Teams, and Skype for Business.
· Experience demonstrating proficiency upgrading PC memory, hard drive swap, data transfer, etc.
· Experience demonstrating proficiency creating knowledgebase articles from ticket data and end user support interactions.
· Experience demonstrating proficiency maintaining and update user’s PC asset information through the implementation of critical device management policies.
· Experience demonstrating proficiency supporting mobile devices utilizing iOS and Android operating systems.
· Experience demonstrating proficiency working independently, with minimal guidance.
· Ability to identify and resolve key issues using partial or conflicting data and pattern recognition.
· Ability to take a broad perspective to problems to identify and document new, less obvious solutions.
· 24x7 On-call technical support for Executive support.
· Travel when required (less than 10%).
· CompTIA A+ Certification.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related discipline.
· Microsoft Certified System Administrator (MCSA): Windows 10
· Apple Certified Mac Technician (ACMT)
· Microsoft Certified System Engineer (MCSE): Desktop Infrastructure
· Experience using team knowledge Wikis utilizing Microsoft SharePoint.
· Experience creating and editing Knowledgebase articles.
· Technical Project Management experience.