Virtualization Architect at Vertafore
Vertafore is a leading technology company whose innovative software solution are advancing the insurance industry. Our suite of products provides solutions to our customers that help them better manage their business, boost their productivity and efficiencies, and lower costs while strengthening relationships.
Our mission is to move InsurTech forward by putting people at the heart of the industry. We are leading the way with product innovation, technology partnerships, and focusing on customer success.
Our fast-paced and collaborative environment inspires us to create, think, and challenge each other in ways that make our solutions and our teams better.
We are headquartered in Denver, Colorado, with offices across the U.S., Canada, and India.
Vertafore is looking for a Virtualization Architect with expertise in VMWare virtualization and Citrix Workspaces to join our SaaS Operations organization. The role will be primarily focusing on architecture, resiliency and life cycle management of Vertafore's VMWare environment and Citirx environment.
Core Requirements and Responsibilities:
· Design, configure, manage and maintain the VMWare and Citrix virtualization environment
· Responsible for architecture, engineering, and build of VMWare and Citrix, their software and hardware
· Strong experience with SRM, virtual network, storage management and other virtualization related tasks
· Be the escalation point for VMWare and Citrix and related issues
· Mentor and guide junior members and system administrators on any incidents, escalations and issues.
· Manage the SRM and DR setup and endure the service meets the defined RPO and RTO commitments
· Lead capacity planning and measuring success and implement automation for virtualization environment including licensing, hardware and software capacity
· Collaborate with network team and manage the virtual switch within VMWare environment
· Design, configure and administer golden images, boot templates, service profiles, firmware upgrades and more
· Oversee environments including planning upgrades, staying on top of EOL dates and documenting inter-dependencies
· Use design skills to determine Technical Design Specifications for complex and high impact projects
· Create all necessary documentation including system standards, run books, and more
· Research software solutions to meet our needs and create efficiencies
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Expert at VMWare 6.7 or above version and Citrix Workspace or similar virtualization solutions
- Must have maintained a large VMWare farm or 100 plus hosts 10,000 plus systems on monthly basis
- Good automation experience using any automation tools or scripting tools such as but not limited to PowerShell and Bash scripting
- Possess good systems administration skills on Windows and Linux with the ability to effectively navigate on both operating systems to perform tasks or troubleshooting.
- Sound knowledge of storage, networking and operating systems to effectively manage the VMWare environment.
- Comfortable with command-line based management than UI.
- Critical thinking.
- Able to multi-task but stay focus on assigned tasks and attention to detail.
- Good communication skills and ability to interact with others professionally.
- Ability to conform to defined processes.
- Ability to be on call to respond to any related incidents.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Business Information Engineering, or established professional with equivalent experience.
- 8+ years of virtualization architecture and engineering experience
- VMWare VCP or higher certification is a must
- Citrix certification is added plus.
- Must have experience with AWS (preferred) or other cloud provider.
Additional Requirements and Details:
- Travel required up to 10% of the time.
- Willing to be rotational on-call for incident escalations,
- A team player with collaborative and customer centric work ethics
- Occasional lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds.
- Frequent repetitive hand and arm movements required to operate a computer.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision (working on a computer, etc.).
- Frequent sitting and/or standing.
The selected candidate must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the job responsibilities, duties, skill, or working conditions. In addition, this document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.
Vertafore strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
We do not accept resumes from agencies, headhunters, or other suppliers who have not signed a formal agreement with us.