Test Automation QA Engineer/ SDET at SonderMind
SonderMind is looking to hire more SDET/ Test Automation QA Engineers to support our growth as SonderMind continue to redesign behavioral health across the United States. As an SDET/Test Automation QA Engineer, you will have a passion for successfully developing robust and scalable testing frameworks to continuously improve quality, reduce cycle time, and bake efficiency into our development and testing processes. You will form strong partnerships and interact daily with development teams and other QA team members to think outside of the box. This position will work closely with Product and Support teams to consistently advocate for end-users by ensuring the SonderMind platform is stable and meets the functional requirements. You strive for quality releases and exceeding customer expectations.
Our Ideal Candidate
You are experienced in test automation, and have built test automation frameworks. You strive for quality releases and exceeding customer expectations. You work well on your own, but also enjoy working collaboratively with team members.
- Within 3 weeks, quickly integrate into the team and becomes familiar with tools, process, and culture of existing software development and testing life cycles. Test while leveraging existing scripts and adds to and/or makes recommendations for improvement.
- Within 6 weeks, start the building and implementation of go-forward test automation framework(s).
- Within 12 weeks, be well versed in our go-forward automated testing strategy. Fully understand system architecture, business functionality and technical dependencies. The test automation framework is stable, reusable, and positively growing code coverage.
- 5+ years of software test development, in addition to other test automation or other related experience
- Ability to lead creation and maintenance of advanced suites of automated scripts for the full stack
- Demonstrated experience in designing automation creating modular test scripts for reuse
- Experience with the following:
- Unix command line and SQL
- Continuous integration systems such as CircleCI, Jenkins
- Source control, especially Git
- Working in an agile development environment
- Test case management systems, including creating integrations with one
- Testing and automating RESTful API service calls via tools such as Postman, SOAPUI, or similar
- Load & Performance Test Engineering
- Experience in communicating quality reporting and metrics of test execution results, including use in visibility dashboards
Nice to Have
- Experience with configuring build tools, CI/CD pipelines
- Coding or working familiarity with any of the following technologies:
- AWS Deployment
- Unit testing RSpec, Jasmine or similar experience
- Ruby on Rails
- This role is located in Denver, CO and is a full-time, exempt position
- Salary range starting at $100,000. Actual title and compensation are commensurate with experience and skills
- This role will be eligible to participate in the following:
- full employee benefits package
- employee stock option purchase plan
- variable performance-based bonus incentives
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter. In your cover letter, please share how your experience and career goals align with this role.
Commitment to an Inclusive Workplace
Mental wellness impacts people of every community. At SonderMind, building and supporting a diverse workforce is foundational to our goal to redesign behavioral healthcare to be more approachable and accessible. SonderMind is a committed equal opportunity employer and provides a workplace that will not tolerate discrimination or harassment.
Our employees may be exposed to sensitive personal information throughout their regular duties. For this reason, we maintain exceptionally high expectations of ethical conduct and require all incoming employees to pass a background check.
Our Employee Benefits Philosophy
As a leader in redesigning behavioral health we are walking the walk with our employee benefits package. We focus on meeting SonderMinders wherever they are and supporting them in all facets of their life with both mental and physical aspects in mind. Where most companies say "good enough" we ask ourselves "how can we do better." That includes:
- Therapy coverage benefits to enable our employees to get the care they need
- Employer-paid disability & AD&D to cover life's unexpected - not only that, we cover the difference in salary for up to Eight weeks of short-term disability leave
- Eight weeks of paid parental leave (if the parent also qualifies for STD, this benefit is in addition)
- A generous PTO policy and a company mandate of at MINIMUM three-weeks of PTO a year; flexible work-from-home policy
- A great downtown location and stocked with unlimited drinks and snacks (NOTE: company is fully remote during the COVID-19 pandemic)
- A commitment to reward our team members for the long-term success and growth of SonderMind with stock option grants and bonus potential
- Competitive market salary, up-to 4% salary company match on 401K, professional development and advancement opportunities as we rapidly scale, and so much more.