Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Operations Strategic Support Unit plays a fundamental role in enabling efficient business and program execution – from technologies and investments to supply chain, manufacturing and test operations, facilities management, and information technology services.
Technician II - Tool Crib Attendant
What You’ll Do:
- Set-up and operate vertical band saw in support of Machine Shop.
- Manage tool crib inventory to support VMI.
- Manage tooling to ensure calibrated due date does not expire.
- Support machinists in various tasks around the shop.
- Support machine shop by adhering to 6S processes.
- Participate in continuous improvement activities.
- Work with solvents. Must understand and comply with all safety and environmental regulations.
- Work in a team environment with engineers, assemblers, technicians, customers and auditors.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units, and the Company. Interact appropriately with others to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- High School diploma and 4 or more years of related experience, or two-year technical degree with 2 or more years of experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Strong attention to detail and compliance to industry, environmental, health and safety standards is required.
- Ability to perform work area maintenance activities including area organization, chemical handling, and chemical replenishment.
- Ability to read and interpret complex engineering drawings and build documentation for aerospace hardware and use electronic engineering and production databases. Must be able to organize and document various data inputs.
- Must be able to pass in-house certifications including personal protective equipment, hazardous waste, and hazard communication.
- Experience using Microsoft Windows operating system, including Excel, Outlook, and Word.
- Experience working on delicate or critical hardware is preferred.
- Ability to navigate system tools for scheduling and purposes.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is not available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $19.71 - $26.44 per hour (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP MAY BE REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.