Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
We are on the lookout for a range of consultants with varying experience levels to join our Technical Security Consultancy team!
How will you make an impact?
You will be someone who has a strong interest or understanding of security concepts, infrastructure or application development and use this to develop an understanding of practicing good security disciplines.
New Technical Security Consultants will undergo an initial multi-disciplined mentoring programme with the Team Lead in preparation for conducting discrete tasks as directed by the Senior Technical Security Consultants. As you grow your skill set, you will conduct broader aspects of work and be integral in the team's new initiatives.
What you'll do:
- Be #human! This is a very people-focused support role - we prefer to be on the ground with developers, rather than in an ivory tower.
- Develop and maintain documentation to make our guidance available to all. This position is often orientated around the creation of documentation.
- Develop knowledge of offensive and defensive security practices to create pragmatic and wide-reaching default approaches for the teams we support.
- Trace a potential security issue to a particular bug within a codebase, and work with development teams to remediate the problem.
- Help develop new initiatives to create new industry-leading approaches to security issues.
- Be a #champion for secure best practice and customer safety.
What you'll bring:
- An eagerness to delve deep into technical security aspects.
- Great technology fundamentals covering operating systems, cloud infrastructure, coding or a mix.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Take ownership of problems and solve them.
- Good examples of past technology research and investigation.
- Previously self-taught themselves an aspect of technology.
- Some familiarity of web services and web application development.
- Linux/UNIX knowledge is beneficial.
- Hands-on experience with AWS
Why you should become a Xero
It’s a diverse and inclusive environment, with people who will respect, challenge, support and mentor you to do the best work of your life. We’re a place where innovation and change are not only encouraged but also celebrated. We value our people and want them to enjoy and take pride in their work.
We’re very supportive of flexible working arrangements and offer a competitive remuneration package including shares and life insurance, in addition to your base salary. We have a culture we’re proud of. Whether you're after a workplace with a social vibe, or a workplace which understands your family is priority - Xero is all of that and more.
Xero is continuing to grow and so are the opportunities to join us!
You can choose to perform this role:
- In one of our #beautiful offices (Auckland, Wellington or Melbourne)
- Flexibly, through a hybrid of in office and remote working styles
- Permanently Remote
As a permanent remote worker at Xero we want to ensure you are getting the same #beautiful employee experience as our in-office Xero’s. Permanent remote Xero’s will benefit from a virtual ergonomic work assessment and funding to assist with the improvement of your at home work setup. Xero will also fund up to 4 trips a year to your most relevant region Xero office. You are part of our #team and we want to see you thrive!
Xero is an NZ Immigration Accredited Employer and Rainbow Tick certified too.
Please include a cover letter in your application, telling us why you’re a great fit for this position.