Technical Integration Specialist - Denver at Auror (Greater Denver Area, CO)
At Auror, we’re empowering the retail industry to reduce theft and Organized Retail Crime, a $150 billion problem globally. It’s high volume crime that’s increasingly organized in nature and is putting people, retailers, and communities at risk every day.
Founded in New Zealand, we’re working with some of the best and largest retailers in the world across Australasia, North America, and the UK.
Auror connects people with intelligence to reduce crime. As a company, we’ve built a high-performing, positive culture with a focus on providing an inclusive environment for a diverse team. If you’re excited about reducing crime and building safer communities, for everyone, then we want you on our team.
About the role
In this role you will own the implementation and ongoing support of Auror’s technical integrations. We are onboarding the world's biggest and best retailers as well as law enforcement agencies and need a technical specialist to lead the implementation of Auror for each customer as they join the platform. Daily you will be partnering with our Integrations Lead, Customer Success team and Engineering team to manage all technical aspects of onboarding and supporting our customers, you will do this by establishing proactive monitoring of integrations, identifying and resolving production issues, identifying improvements and creating documentation for internal and external use. To be successful in this role you will build a deep understanding of Auror’s product and technology platform and to use that knowledge to deliver value to our customers via the platform integrations we have with them.
Location and hours
This is a Denver-based role. We value co-location and have a hybrid flexible working model; the Auror office is located in the RiNo Neighborhood where the majority of the team spend 3 days in the office and 2 days remotely.
This role will involve working flexible hours to accommodate the needs of our global customers. Initially, as we build out our teams, there may be a requirement to adjust work hours to provide support across different time zones. However, as the team expands and regional coverage improves, a more structured work schedule will be established.
Practically this will involve:
- Integration Implementation: Support in the implementation of integrations for retail and law enforcement partners, ensuring seamless connectivity with Auror systems.
- Single Sign-On (SSO): Develop and maintain SSO solutions to streamline user authentication and authorization processes.
- Product Item File Integration: Manage the integration of customer product data into Auror, ensuring accurate and up-to-date product information for users in the app.
- License Plate Recognition (LPR): Implementation of Auror’s LPR integrations, involving both hardware and software, at customer’s sites.
- Technical and Non-Technical Communication: Collaborate with retail IT teams, internal stakeholders to provide both technical and non-technical explanations, and maintain a high level of competency in communications.
- Diverse Software Support: Support various software deployments, including web, desktop and mobile applications. Understand and address differences in supporting remote devices and on-premises machines.
- Documentation: Create comprehensive documentation to facilitate integration processes.
This role reports into Nick Beeson, Integrations Lead
My family have been Colorado natives since settling here nearly 150 years ago, and I’ve been proud to call the Denver area ‘home’ most of my life. I graduated from the University of Denver with a Computer Science degree, and worked for a Colorado-based startup in Martech soon after. I was initially hired as a web developer, but quickly grew in their fast-paced environment and became a technical lead managing a team of wonderfully talented developers. In early 2021, with a steady job, a pregnant wife, and a new mortgage payment, I decided to quit and co-found a new venture. The company was a SaaS marketplace app that sought to connect short-term rental owners with high-demand travel nurses in need of housing. I helmed the technical side of the company, and me and my team built an incredible software platform that I am still incredibly proud of. I joined Auror in the summer of 2023 to find something more stable as Integrations lead. On the weekends, I will most likely be spending time outside with my wife and son, or in my garage building something. Check out my LinkedIn here.
- Authentication and Authorization Principles: Possess a strong understanding of authentication principles and protocols, including web-based authentication and machine-to-machine authentication.
- Experience working with HTTP APIs: Have a solid technical understanding of how APIs work from both a consumer and publisher perspective
- File Formatting: Expertise in working with different file formats to ensure data compatibility and integrity.
- Cloud Providers: Familiarity with cloud platforms such as Azure, AWS, and Google Cloud, and experience working within one or more of these providers
- IoT (Internet of Things): Knowledge of IoT devices and their integration with cloud-based systems
- Proven experience in integration projects, working with our customer’s business and technical stakeholders to lead a technical integration.
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as confidence in leading customer project calls.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
We are looking for people who demonstrate a strong alignment to our Guiding Principles (you can find these on our Careers page).
With diversity and inclusion at the forefront of Auror’s guiding principles, we promote a culture that celebrates diversity and inclusiveness at Auror, regardless of, but not limited to, race, gender, sexual orientation, family status, religion, ethnicity, national origin, physical disability, veteran status, or age.
In your first 6 months at Auror
At the beginning of your time at Auror you will focus on learning everything about our product and the way it integrates into our customer’s managed software and hardware platforms. You will develop an understanding of our license plate recognition (LPR) integrations, how we connect to our customers identity management systems to provide single sign-on for our users and the many other touch points that our platform has with third party systems. You will also partner with our customer success team to gain an understanding of who our customers are, what integrations each has and how we can best support them. Within your first three months you will begin to work with our customers’s I.T. teams and technical integrators on rolling out and supporting various integrations. By six months you will be creating process guides for internal and external use, running point on new customer integration implementations and troubleshooting issues related to our integrations.
- Competitive salary Range: Depending on level of experience of $75,000-$110,000 (IC2)
- Employee share scheme: You’ll own part of a company making a real difference!
- Flexibility: We are hard-working and outcome focused, but recognize there is more to life than work. We promote a healthy work/life blend.
- Shorter Work Weeks: Everyone gets Friday afternoon’s off, so you can start your weekend early, and do more of whatever it is that makes you happy.
- Mental and physical health: We understand how vital both mental and physical health is, and have policies to support that, including Wellness Days (days that you can take for any reason whatsoever, not just for when you’re sick/ unwell).
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision). Auror covers 100% of the cost of your health insurance plan with United Healthcare & Metlife.
- Family friendly: We offer comprehensive parental leave and benefits for primary and non-primary caregivers.
- Personal development: We support our team to participate in courses, conferences, or events that will help them be relentless about improvement.
- Team love: We have regular team lunches and social events where most (if not all) activities are during work hours.
- Making an impact: You’ll work to solve interesting problems and help us keep communities safe.
If you’re excited about our mission and you have experience and a passion for this role, please hit “Apply” below.
We’re proud that Auror is a place where everyone can learn and grow. So if you’re not sure that you tick all the boxes but feel you’re close to what we’re looking for, please apply anyway as we’d love to hear from you!
Once you apply, you’ll hear from us to acknowledge your application. If you have questions about any of the above, or if you have any accessibility requirements, we’ll be able to help you from there.