Technical Consultant II - Remote & $1,000 signing bonus at Vertafore
Vertafore is a leading technology company whose innovative software solution are advancing the insurance industry. Our suite of products provides solutions to our customers that help them better manage their business, boost their productivity and efficiencies, and lower costs while strengthening relationships. Our mission is to move InsurTech forward by putting people at the heart of the industry. We are leading the way with product innovation, technology partnerships, and focusing on customer success. Our fast-paced and collaborative environment inspires us to create, think, and challenge each other in ways that make our solutions and our teams better. We are headquartered in Denver, Colorado, with offices across the U.S., Canada, and India.
Technical Consultants deliver value to customers through implementation, technical configurations, and providing recommendations and solutions to business problems. Consultants shape and improve the experience of key Vertafore clients. They work cross-functionally with Customer Support, Account Management, Professional Services and Product Management to help guide the client and also contribute to the future growth of your team.
A Technical Consultant at Vertafore works as part of a cross-functional team serving our key clients, which means you need to be a proactive self-starter, able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and service-focused to help nurture the client experience. Additionally, you love getting into the technical details of an implementation and are excited by coming up with new tools, processes, or solution to complex problems.
Consultant IIs expand depth or breadth of product expertise, applying that understanding to unique customer scenarios for the betterment of the products effectiveness and identifying best practices that could be leveraged elsewhere.
Essential job functions included but are not limited to the following:
- Develops forward thinking, technical implementation recommendations that align with clients' business objectives.
- Provides in-depth technical guidance to customers and internally
- Collaborates with the team to educate and train clients on how to best technically implement and integrate with the Vertafore product suite
- Configures data conversion environment and completes more complex data conversions and implementations
- Provides input to the project plan
- Works with many different source systems and versions and is an SME for scoping and troubleshooting
- Develops implementation tools and processes
- Maintains the deepest level of industry and product expertise and proliferates, internally and externally
- Works with teams in India and the US
- BA/BS degree preferred or commensurate experience.
- Minimum 3 years of work experience in a technical, customer focused environment.
- Insurance industry experience helpful
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- Technically savvy with an interest in technology and in deepening technical and software knowledge
- Experience with XML, web services, SQL, and web design/HTML
- Programming experience is a plus (Java, C, .NET)
Additional Requirements and Details:
- $1,000 signing bonus for the successful candidate
- Travel required up to 25% of the time
- Ability to work remote with a stable internet connection on an as needed basis
- Occasional lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds
- Frequent repetitive hand and arm movements required to operate a computer
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision (working on a computer, etc.)
- Frequent sitting and/or standing