Technical Aide - Mechanical at Ball Aerospace
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Engineering Strategic Support Unit comprises the organizational talent and technical leadership that enables the successful delivery of high-impact discriminating technologies for our customers’ missions. Our collaborative, cross-functional teams are committed to innovation, integrity, continual learning and strong execution.
Technical Aide – Mechanical
Work with the design team to design and document aerospace hardware that meets technical, cost and schedule requirements.
What You’ll Do:
- Complete detail designs using 3D Mechanical CAD tools with direct Engineering interface and in team environments.
- Generate engineering drawings per company standards and industry standards following appropriate application of ASME-Y14.100, ASME-Y14.3, etc. and the application of Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T) per ASME-Y14.5.
- Release and maintain design information such as drawings, product structures (drawing trees), Bills of Material (BOMs), and 3D fabrication files into Product Data Management (PDM) systems.
- Prepare, submit, and release Engineering Orders (EO’s) and associated revisions.
- Provide content for and/or participate in design reviews, customer reviews, and production planning.
- Participate in hardware receiving, integration, test, and certification.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- Enrollment currently in a BS degree or higher in Engineering or related technical field is required.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Bachelor’s or Master’s, may substitute for two years of related experience. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Must be a self-starter and task completion oriented.
- Ability to close the loop on agreements demonstrating a clear understanding of technical deliverables, schedules and budgets (i.e. completing assignments within agreed to parameters).
- Ability to effectively communicate with team in person and virtually using email, instant messaging and other protocols.
- Mechanical CAD proficiency (SolidWorks preferred).
- 3D Printing and Design for Manufacturability experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize work from multiple sources.
- Open to and seeks additional tasking from clients.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite. Proficient in Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is not available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $19.30 - $27.50 per hour (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- Temporary positions typically are not eligible for benefits. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.