Technical Account Engineer at Zoom Video Communications
We are looking for a full-time Technical Account Engineer, reporting to the Senior Manager, Escalation Engineering. You will provide deep technical troubleshooting for issues related to specific customers. The TAE team will be responsible for supporting all of the issues for Zoom's Elite customers ranging from Zoom's most technically complex or sensitive support situations along with single user connection problems. You will Isolate and identify problems and root causes that directly affect these customer's usage of Zoom.
About the Role
- Be a single point of contact providing dedicated and direct technical support to specific and assigned customers.
- Understand customers' holistic UC product solution, environment, connectivity, use cases and change requirements, so help guide customers to successful resolution of issues reported.
- Be the technical owner and champion of any and all support tickets and issues reported by the assigned customers, through resolution and ticket closure.
- Work with customers to validate solutions and confirm acceptable resolutions, prior to closing tickets.
- Update and maintain support tickets with appropriate status and detail necessary for customer awareness, business stakeholder understanding, management review, engineering assistance, and reporting.
- Use log analysis, system tools, industry standard troubleshooting best practices, Zoom proprietary tools, and other debugging methods to analyze problems and develop solutions to meet customer needs.
- As appropriate or necessary, work with engineering to resolve escalated issues, which may include, reproducing or testing fixes or workarounds in either a stand alone or customer specific environment.
- Work together to provide solutions to the customer which may include hot-fixes, debug builds, server updates and/or new releases and client version support.
- Work with the global TAE team (i.e. your peers) to maintain consistency in customer support and engagement in activity and actions outside of your specifically assigned business hours.
- Work with peer organizations in Client Services Management, Technical Account Management, and/or Sales for customer specific activities or discussions.
- Provide customer feedback to the product group regarding common problems. Work together to provide improvements to the product which may include changes to the design of the product, better documentation and more training.
- Communicate and work with customer contacts at technical and executive levels. Host and manage sensitive and technical meetings, focusing on the meeting subject and productive troubleshooting.
- Attend emergency war rooms created to address high priority service challenges for the specific customers you are assigned. Field questions, updates, and concerns from these customers and coordinate solutions with team members, engineering, and other departments to restore services.
- Maintain concise, and positive communications for all issues accurately.
- Stay familiar with all of Zoom's products, offerings, and integrations as well as those of software and hardware competitors and partners in the industry.
- Learn the specifics of the customer's environments and use cases for each customer you are assigned to support.
- Minimum, Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Management Information Systems or similar.
- 5+ years of customer facing Tier 2 or Tier 3 level Technical Support experience.
- Ideal candidates will have recent Unified communications with video and telephony based products.
- Familiar with PC, Mac, Android, and iPhone applications and products.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tickets simultaneously.
- Proven ability and aptitude to troubleshoot complex technical issues with customers.
- English written and oral communication skills. Other languages are highly desired.
- Ability to manage customers and convey confidence during business impacting events.
- Ability to host meetings with customers and vendors in a confident and professional manner.
- Write technical documents (creating documents to explain technical issues to the customers, RFC, official documents of products, creating blog posts, etc.)
- General network knowledge (CCNA, CompTIA Network+ certification or equivalent experience).
- Experience deploying .msi files and mass package creation and deployment is a plus.
- Previous IT Administration, Network Security and Group Policy experience is highly desired.
- Relevant industry certifications in Wireshark, VCP, AWS, AZURE, ITIL, CCNA, Microsoft Certified Associate/Expert or equivalent highly desired.
- MS Exchange administrative and support experience, Outlook or Google Calendaring working knowledge highly desired.
- Ability to work outside of normal business hours, weekends or holidays, as necessary, including being available via an oncall type process.
- Team Player.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Zoom's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives including qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records as well as any qualified applicants requiring reasonable accommodations in accordance with the law.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Zoomies is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Zoom requires all U.S. employees who will work in person at a Zoom office, attend in-person Zoom meetings or have in-person customer meetings to be fully vaccinated. Zoom will consider requests for reasonable accommodations for religious or medical reasons as required under applicable law.
- Hear from our leadership team
- Browse Awards and Employee Reviews on Comparably
- Visit our Blog
- Zoom with us!
- Find us on social at the links below and on Instagram