Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
We are on the lookout for a Team Lead (Security Educations & Awareness) to join the Security group, part of the wider Technology portfolio, based in either Wellington, Auckland or Melbourne.
The Team Lead will provide leadership and direction over Cybersecurity Education Analysts and champion the adoption of security practices and the building of secure environments within Xero.
You’ll be part of a team of motivated Team Leads collaborating on initiatives to continually improve people processes for recruitment, growth, training and other areas. You’ll also work with peers in product and engineering as a cross-functional leadership team to ensure your pods have what they need to be successful.
What you'll do:
- Implement a security awareness programme to increase organisational understanding of Xero’s security policies and standards
- Provide material to product teams on security best practices to enable product teams to take responsibility for the security of their products
- Engage with Xero security teams to gather content and understand Xero’s security requirements
- Create training material to share content and requirements created by our specialist security teams
- Structure and maintain this programme to help affect a sustained organisation wide security culture change
- Create a framework of quantitative metrics that demonstrate the effectiveness of the education programmes you create
- Foster a culture of security across Xero with particular emphasis on the technical teams
- Lead knowledge sharing and collaboration of security education and awareness across Xero
- Represent Xero to external-facing forums, blogs and events. Maintain strong relationships with key security vendors
- Maintain a high level of clear and consistent communication across all teams at Xero
- Provide strong leadership through people-focused tasks including recruitment, leave management, performance reviews, training and development.
What you'll bring with you:
- High E.Q. Self-aware, self-regulated, motivated and empathetic, with great interpersonal skills and a growth mind-set.
- Experience in building trust and credibility with stakeholders and working relationships across all levels of the business.
- Proven ability to balance the needs of the individual with the needs of the business.
- Proven experience in developing and maintaining a highly motivated team of individuals
- Proven ability to navigate areas of conflict in an open, positive and proactive way.
- Information security certifications, such as CISSP, CCSP, CISM
- Familiarity and knowledge of security frameworks (NIST, CIS, ISO)
- Working knowledge of web applications, common web application vulnerabilities and web application penetration testing
- Working knowledge of secure development processes in an Agile/DevOps environment
- Good grasp of modern software development practices and lifecycle
- Experience creating and delivering training and educational material
Why you should become a Xero
It’s a diverse and inclusive environment, with people who will respect, challenge, support and mentor you to do the best work of your life. We’re a place where innovation and change are not only encouraged but also celebrated. We value our people and want them to enjoy and take pride in their work.
We’re very supportive of flexible working arrangements and offer a competitive remuneration package including shares and life insurance, in addition to your base salary. We have a culture we’re proud of. Whether you're after a workplace with a social vibe, or a workplace which understands your family is priority - Xero is all of that and more
Xero is continuing to grow and so are the opportunities to join us!
You can choose to perform this role:
- In one of our #beautiful offices (Auckland, Wellington or Melbourne)
- Flexibly, through a hybrid of in office and remote working styles
- Permanently Remote
As a permanent remote worker at Xero we want to ensure you are getting the same #beautiful employee experience as our in-office Xero’s. Permanent remote Xero’s will benefit from a virtual ergonomic work assessment and funding to assist with the improvement of your at home work setup. Xero will also fund up to 4 trips a year to your most relevant region Xero office. You are part of our #team and we want to see you thrive!
Xero is an NZ Immigration Accredited Employer and Rainbow Tick certified too.
Please include a cover letter in your application, telling us why you’re a great fit for this position.