SW Engineer IV at GHX
The Software Engineer IV will design and develop web-based solutions using the latest Microsoft .Net technologies. This person must be well-versed and comfortable working in all aspects of a multi-tiered architecture, demonstrate excellent problem-solving skills, be self-motivated, highly detail oriented, able to context switch easily, and have a desire to guide other people on the team.
This person will work with other engineers, managers, Product Management, QA, and Operations teams to develop innovative solutions that meet company initiatives with respect to functionality, performance, scalability, reliability, realistic implementation schedules, and adherence to development goals and principles.
- Lead and contribute to the application design and development effort of our business intelligence application platform
- Lead and provide hands-on new development as well as enhancement of existing data processes.
- Design, maintain, and tune application processes using Java, Angular, SQL, BASH, Node.js and Python
- Provide architectural guidance and development/build standards for the team.
- Promote collaboration through activities including design sessions, design reviews and pair programming.
- Develop and maintain application solutions for the Business Intelligence Application Platform.
- Analyze business requirements and work with teammates to formulate supporting design and design documentation.
- Other duties as assigned
- Thorough understanding of, and support for, Agile development methodologies
- Ability to design, collect, and analyze large datasets
- Ability to communicate technical concepts and designs to cross-functional and offshore teams who have varying levels of technical experience
- Proven data engineering, problem solving, and analysis skills
- Strong demonstrable Java, Angular, and SQL skills
- High-level written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to think strategically
- Ability to adapt to changing conditions and lead others through change
- Analytical and problem-solving ability and orientation
- Demonstrated organizational, prioritization, and time management skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability and willingness to travel nationally to remote offices and partners approximately 10% of the time
Required Education, Certifications, and Experience
- BS in Computer Science, or related degree (Math, Engineering, Computers) required, or a combination of education and related experience.
- 5+ years’ professional application development experience.
- 5+ years’ professional experience in Java and Angular design and development.
- Experience delivering in a micro-service and event-based architecture.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Technical writing experience in relevant areas including wikis, reports and presentations.
- Experience working in an Agile scrum team environment.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and being able to work under pressure.
Experience in a diverse set of Amazon Web Services including:
- API Gateway
- Angular 9 experience
- API Development
- AWS Certifications
- Experience with analytic application development
- Tableau experience
- Looker experience
GHX is a healthcare business and data automation company, empowering healthcare organizations to enable better patient care and maximize industry savings using our world class cloud-based supply chain technology exchange platform, solutions, analytics and services. We bring together healthcare providers and manufacturers and distributors in North America and Europe — who rely on smart, secure healthcare-focused technology and comprehensive data to automate their business processes and make more informed decisions.
It is our passion and vision for a more operationally efficient healthcare supply chain, helping organizations reduce – not shift – the cost of doing business, paving the way to delivering patient care more effectively. Together we take more than a billion dollars out of the cost of delivering healthcare every year. GHX is privately owned, operates in the United States, Canada and Europe, and employs more than 600 people worldwide. Our corporate headquarters is in Europe, Louisville, Colorado, just outside of Denver, with additional offices in Europe, Atlanta, Georgia and Omaha, Nebraska.
GHX provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. GHX complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
GHX expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of GHX’s employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.