Supervisor II - Material Quality Assurance Inspection at Ball Aerospace
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Operations Strategic Support Unit plays a fundamental role in enabling efficient business and program execution – from technologies and investments to supply chain, manufacturing and test operations, facilities management, and information technology services.
Supervisor II - Material Quality Assurance Inspection
You will be an essential part of the Integrated Supply Chain (ISC) – where all procured material enters the product realization process and upon where our team ensures that compliant parts are delivered on time. You will be a key part of Ball's procurement risk management that enables our competitive edge and reduces the risk to programs, our customers, and the warfighter.
The Material Quality Assurance (MQA) Inspection Supervisor will be responsible for leading a group of Inspectors, Planners, and Technical Associates as they inspect procured and machined products, complete required testing, and document anomalies. This is a high-mix, low-volume environment with dynamic priorities and business needs. The supervisor will split their time between tactical team activities and helping implement strategic initiatives and quality improvement projects. This position will report to the MQA Manager and be part of the Extended Leadership Team (ELT) group within ISC.
What You'll Do:
- Supervise a group of broadly experienced inspectors (hardware and Dimensional Lab personnel), and MQA planners assigned to your campus.
- Participate in strategy setting for MQA department along with your management and peer supervisors.
- Lead and own strategic improvement project(-s) that align to the larger MQA strategy by utilizing your team and cross-functional organizations to achieve the given objectives.
- Participate in staffing and hiring activities and help manage team's monthly and yearly budgets.
- Address personnel performance issues, and ensure department policies and procedures are followed.
- Partner and interact with other organizations within Integrated Supply Chain (ISC), Program Planning and Engineering, Mission Assurance, and Supply Chain Quality Engineering to address supplier hardware and data inspection requirements, schedule requirements and expedites, and product deficiencies.
- Will assist in representing MQA department in customer audits and regulatory audits.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You'll Need:
- BS/BA in a related field plus 4 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master's Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education
- Experience leading a team in a formal supervisor role.
- A passion for driving teamwork and cohesion.
- Previous experience with leading improvement projects and/or strategy implementation.
- A drive for Lean operations, efficiency, and continuous process improvement.
- Experience with AS9100 and other defense contract regulations and requirements (DoD, NASA, etc.).
- Understanding of the quality and inspection function with knowledge of quality processes (Material Review Board, non-conformance documentation, etc.).
- Demonstrated experience in handling challenging supervision/personnel issues.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally in both written and oral formats.
- Proficiency using Windows and Microsoft Office applications, especially PowerPoint, Excel and SharePoint.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $71,500 - $97,000 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP MAY BE REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.