Staff Full Stack Software Engineer, Plans & Payments at CircleCI
At CircleCI, we enable thousands of developers like you to do better work every day. As we rapidly grow and scale, we’re seeking curious full-stack engineers who are interested in helping us take continuous integration to the next level.
The Plans and Payments team is building the future of our pricing and billing applications. We are responsible for a set of mission-critical services and infrastructure that ensure the proper handling of millions of dollars across thousands of daily transactions, and seek to make pricing and billing transparent, intuitive and simple for our customers. To achieve this, we work hand-in-hand with our Product, Revenue, Data, Customer Success and Finance teams on impactful projects that are instrumental to the growth of CircleCI.
We are currently seeking Staff Full Stack Software Engineers to join our growing, remote-first team, based in North America. This role is a full-time position at the E4 level on our Engineering Competency Matrix. We encourage you to read our blog post about the matrix to learn moreWhat You’ll Do:
- Learn and grow on an egoless team of engineers with diverse skill sets who put well-being first.
- Collaborate with your peers to architect, build and test new features, simplify existing services, and scale our systems. This includes frequent pair programming.
- Own and drive the technical analysis and scoping of new product discovery initiatives, partnering closely and communicating regularly with the product management team and business partners.
- Regularly mentor and coach engineers to expand their skills and support their career growth.
- Support, maintain and debug microservices in a complex distributed system.
- Participate in an on-call rotation to help our customers when they need it most.
- You have 5+ years of full stack experience building, testing, deploying and debugging distributed systems in production environments.
- You have recent front-end experience with a solid back-end foundation, and enthusiastically approach everything from UI to API design with the same level of respect and intention.
- You have contributed to a team as a technical leader, working collaboratively with other engineers on architecture and design, and lifting engineers up through mentorship and coaching.
- You’re willing to pick up new technologies and languages (find our entire tech stack here), and aren’t afraid to admit what you don’t know.
- You’re a strong, empathetic and flexible communicator and collaborator with experience collaborating with Product Managers and stakeholders, effectively balancing technical tradeoffs with delivering customer value quickly and iteratively.
- You’re comfortable with ambiguity and figuring things out with your team as they evolve and change.
- You’re passionate about ensuring that all systems -- software and human -- scale smoothly.
- You feel a sense of ownership and accountability for the features you build.
CircleCI is the world’s largest shared continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform, and the central hub where code moves from idea to delivery. As one of the most-used DevOps tools that processes more than 1 million builds a day, CircleCI has unique access to data on how engineering teams work, and how their code runs. Companies like Spotify, Coinbase, Stitch Fix, and BuzzFeed use us to improve engineering team productivity, release better products, and get to market faster.
CircleCI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.