Sr. Vision Software Engineer at AMP Robotics
AMP Robotics is a pioneer and industry leader in artificial intelligence and robotics for the recycling industry. Every day, we’re working to reimagine and actively modernize the world’s recycling infrastructure. Headquartered and manufacturing operations in Louisville, Colorado, we build and deploy cutting-edge technology solutions that solve many of the central challenges of recycling to make it more efficient, cost-effective, scalable, and sustainable.
We’re fostering an environment where talented, driven individuals can grow and create impact. We are looking for unconventional thinkers to join our mission; at AMP, your contributions have meaning and can spur change. With backing from top-tier investors including Sequoia Capital and recognition including Fortune’s Impact 20, Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, and Forbes’ most promising artificial intelligence companies in America, we’re always seeking ways to better our operations, raising the bar on innovation, and looking to collaborate and improve each day in what we do. Learn more at AMPRobotics.com.
AMP Robotics is hiring a Sr. Vision Software Engineer reporting to the Software Engineering Manager of our Core Robot Software team to focus on our vision product and capabilities. This role will help us define, architect, and build a cutting edge vision product including infrastructure and tooling to support it.
As our Sr. Vision Software Engineer, you will work to:
- Develop new software features
- Vision/sensor data pipeline design and implementation
- Vision/sensor calibration methodologies
- New algorithms and approaches to solving sensor problems
- UI components and services
- Cloud integrations
- Visualization and introspection tools
- Improve and maintain the quality of our software application
- Writing functional / integration / unit tests
- Performing code reviews
- Help shape internal architecture and tools to aid development
- Identify and fix code health issues
- Improve performance / reduce hardware requirements
- Profiling and identifying bottlenecks
- Optimizing / re-architecting code
- Design and architecture of high performant systems
- Technically lead software development efforts
- Manage product definition and requirements gathering
- Sensor vetting and selection
- Create software designs and effectively communicate them
- Interface with other teams (ML, Web, DevOps, Testing) to own complete lifecycle of features
The successful candidate will have:
- 5+ years of experience in a professional software position with a Bachelor's degree or 7+ years without a Bachelor's degree
- Ability to architect and build high performance vision processing pipelines including:
- Calibration / rectification methodologies
- Classical (non-ML) vision algorithms
- Efficient video conversion, compression, storage and transmission
- Proven ability to create high quality, high performance production software
- Experience developing for edge devices or embedded applications
- Shipped software on schedule
- History of being effective in dynamic software teams
- Startup ready mentality
- Passion for recycling, robotics and changing the world
- Framework experience:
- ROS, Boost, OpenCV, PCL
- Language familiarity:
- C++, Python, Typescript / Angular, Rust
- Cyber security familiarity/experience
- Testing with hardware in the loop and simulation
- Data analysis, statistical modeling, probabilistics
- High school diploma with 7+ years professional experience
- OR Bachelors or Masters degree with 5+ years professional experience
- 7+ years professional experience with a high school diploma
- OR 5+ years professional experience with a Bachelors or Masters degree
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Louisville, CO with mostly remote work during COVID restrictions
- Up to 20% travel time for in field experimentation and new product introduction
Affirmative Action/EEO Statement:
AMP Robotics is an equal opportunity employer. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at the Company will be based on job openings, merit, qualifications, and abilities as required by the position. The Company does not discriminate, and does not permit its employees to discriminate against other employees, applicants, customers, or independent contractors because of:
- Sexual orientation (including gender identity or expression, including a person's orientation toward heterosexuality, homosexuality, bisexuality, or transgender status, or PeopleCare’s perception thereof)
- Pregnancy, childbirth, and related conditions
- Marital status
- National origin
- Military or veteran status
- Age (40 or over)
- Disability (including genetic information)
- Or, any other consideration made unlawful by applicable laws.
Equal employment opportunity will be extended to all persons in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship, including recruitment, hiring, upgrading, training, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, discipline, layoff, recall, and termination.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We recognize that there is more to work than the day-to-day responsibilities. In addition to a collaborative, high-performing team environment, we’re pleased to offer competitive base salaries; medical, dental and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off and sick time; flexible work hours; and the opportunity to quickly accelerate your learning and growth.
Salary & Compensation Information: $126,000 - $178,000
- Medical - The company covers up 85% to 100% of the premium for Cigna healthcare plans depending on the selection. Employees pay the difference in premium if they select a more expensive plan. Up to 75% for dependents.
- Dental, Vision, Short and Long Term Disability.
- 401(k) retirement plan (non-matching).
- 14 days PTO and 6 paid sick days.
- Nine (9) paid holidays – 7 company designated and 2 floating holidays. (salaried employees only).