Sr. Software Engineer at Choozle
Choozle is looking for an individual that is eager to grow our Engineering team as we liberate marketers from complex advertising technology. As a Sr Software Engineer for Choozle, you will be responsible for delivering enterprise-level software platform solutions in a collaborative, and rapidly changing environment. This position requires highly motivated and focused technical leaders with a passion to build new and innovative adtech. Outside of being an outstanding software engineer, candidates must have strong communication skills, technical project management experience, and enjoy working closely with subject matter experts in their respective fields.
Our Choozle vision is to make Choozle an amazing place to work that exceeds our clients and partners expectations through the application and support of our continuously innovating digital advertising platform. Our culture and our company wins when each individual truly cares about their work and their team.
WHO YOU ARE
- You are insatiably curious and love to learn
- You have a passion for identifying and understanding the needs of our users and developing creative solutions
- You quickly break down complex problems into potential solutions, knowns, and unknowns, in order to get to solid resolutions faster
- You want to work with smart, no ego, like-minded people who share your values in a psychologically safe environment
- You enjoy working in a fast-paced environment in an organization that is scaling up
- Bachelor's Degree in Software Engineering/Computer Science or a closely related discipline
- 3+ years of demonstrated experience in software development
- Deep understanding of software best-practices including architecture and design patterns with a focus on security, performance, reusability, and scalability
- Thorough understanding of iterative software development methodologies, values, and ceremonies such as Agile, RUP, or equivalent
- Strong knowledge of front-end technologies such as React, Vue, or equivalent
- Strong knowledge of server-side technologies such as Node, Ruby on Rails, Golang, or equivalent
- Experience building, documenting, and supporting robust RESTful APIs
- Experience with both relational and non-relational databases
- Bonus: experience with adtech
- Enterprise-level full stack development
- Provide technical feedback, code reviews, and consultation to other engineers involved in system design or implementation activities
- Technical project leadership; drive the testing strategies and own the performance plans
- Build prototypes and to determine level of effort, feasibility, and cost
- Education and mentorship for other engineers
- Create technical specifications and candidate architecture proposals
- Engagement with Executive team to provide technical feasibility, level of effort, and cost
3 REASONS YOU SHOULD APPLY
- Choozle was just awarded the #2 spot for small companies on this years’ Denver Post top workplaces!
- You will be the hub of knowledge at Choozle and will work cross-functionally across all company departments.
- You will have a chance to make an impact on a fast-growing startup company and leave your mark on the business.
COMP Range: $90,000 - 140,000
$100 Monthly Wellness Stipend
$1,000 education stipend ($250/a quarter)
Covered Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
Self-Managed Time Off
401k contribution/match (3%)
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and use hands to finger, handle or feel controls. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 10 pounds.
Choozle is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.