GHX is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to work on our Enterprise Integration product. This individual will be responsible for leading development efforts toward the creation, implementation, and support of existing and next-generation software solutions. The Senior Software Engineer will analyze, design, program, debug, and modify software enhancements and/or new products used in local, networked, or Internet-related computer programs. This role is responsible for interacting with users to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications in an Agile/Scrum environment.
Principle duties and responsibilities:
- Gathers and writes technical requirements for complex stories, features, and epics. Authors technical designs.
- Codes web applications across domains following specifications and using the appropriate tools. Identifies best practices and guides other team members in the implementation of best practices.
- Generates supporting unit test as well as system test specifications and implementations. Builds the automated test framework, drives best practices, and troubleshoots issues.
- Maintains, modifies, and improves existing applications.
- Recognizes when a broad solution is needed based on trends/root causes and recommends solutions.
- Contributes to and may lead project document reviews and design/code reviews.
- Ensures adherence to IT Control Policies throughout design, development, and testing.
- Proactively works with cross-functional teams. Builds and maintains good business relationships that help drive ideas and solutions.
- Proactively engages team to review ideas, solutions, issues, and/or concerns.
- Applies AGILE concepts and works collaboratively and closely with QA in an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Trains and mentors new/junior teammates and coordinate the activities within the larger team.
- Proficient with multiple technologies and may have some understanding of architectural principles.
- Identifies, implements, and applies best practices. Is the “go to” person on the team.
- Defines how the work should be done; provides intelligent alternatives to the status quo. Sells and drives ideas. Owns issues and can work effectively inside and outside of the team to influence and drive results.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and possesses a proven track record of high quality deliverables.
- Ability to effectively communicate technical concepts to technical staff and is able to work effectively with cross-functional departments with varying degrees of technical experience.
- Understands and is able to explain up and downstream impacts across products, teams, and the organization.
- Constructively challenges the status quo; develops, proposes, and supports the implementation of innovative and creative solutions. Iterates and improves across multiple business domains.
- Displays flexibility in adapting to changing conditions and helps lead others through change.
- Leads by example, promotes a common purpose, and is a catalyst for success.
- Thinks strategically, displays a high degree of emotional maturity, and demonstrates a positive outlook.
- Strong team player, makes a valuable contribution to team objectives, displays trust and mutual understanding, accepts constructive feedback, and handles confrontation constructively.
- Possesses a broad understanding of Agile/LEAN principles and the ability to apply the AGILE methodology; competent AGILE team member.
- Requires a minimum of 8 years of experience in software development.
- BS Degree in Computer Science.
- Post-graduate degree preferred.
- Prior experience working in an AGILE/SCRUM environment.
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team on multiple overlapping projects.
- Proven track record of successfully delivering large projects.
- Strong Java developer
- Object Oriented Design and Development skills, including understanding of common design patterns.
- Some experience with Containerization and container orchestration.
- Some experience with AWS cloud service
- Web application, Client/server programming experience.
- Restful and SOAP services
- Relation Database & SQL Experience
- Basic understanding of some networking protocols [TCP, HTTP, FTP, SSH, SSL] and interfaces.
- Linux / UNIX
- Code versioning – svn , GIT
- Build tools – maven , gradle
- Certificate-based authentication, cryptography
- Experience in System integration/ B2B integrations / SCM / MMIS / ERP development or integration is a plus.
- EDI Experience is a plus
- Exposure to UI framework like Angular is a plus
- SSL and java cryptography programming experience.
- Load testing using any toolset.
- Functional and behavioral testing using any toolset
- Exposure to CICD process using Jenkins/ hudson, bamboo or something similar.
- Spring is a plus
- Familiarity with centralized log management solution
- Data analytics is a plus
- Team player with a good attitude.
Estimated Salary range for this position: $120,000- $150,000
The base salary range represents the anticipated low and high end of the GHX’s salary range for this position. Actual salaries will vary and will be based on various factors, such as candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies and proficiency for the role. The base salary is one component of GHX’s total compensation package for employees. Other rewards and benefits include: health, vision, and dental insurance, accident and life insurance, 401k matching, paid-time off, and education reimbursement, to name a few. To view more details of our benefits, visit us here: https://www.ghx.com/about/careers/
GHX: It’s the way you do business in healthcare
Global Healthcare Exchange (GHX) enables better patient care and billions in savings for the healthcare community by maximizing automation, efficiency and accuracy of business processes.
GHX is a healthcare business and data automation company, empowering healthcare organizations to enable better patient care and maximize industry savings using our world class cloud-based supply chain technology exchange platform, solutions, analytics and services. We bring together healthcare providers and manufacturers and distributors in North America and Europe — who rely on smart, secure healthcare-focused technology and comprehensive data to automate their business processes and make more informed decisions.
It is our passion and vision for a more operationally efficient healthcare supply chain, helping organizations reduce – not shift – the cost of doing business, paving the way to delivering patient care more effectively. Together we take more than a billion dollars out of the cost of delivering healthcare every year. GHX is privately owned, operates in the United States, Canada and Europe, and employs more than 800 people worldwide. Our corporate headquarters is in Europe, Louisville, Colorado, just outside of Denver, with additional offices in Europe, Atlanta, Georgia, Chicago, Illinois, and Omaha, Nebraska.
Global Healthcare Exchange, LLC and its North American subsidiaries (collectively, “GHX”) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any status protected by applicable law. This EEO policy applies to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment, including hiring, training and development, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, educational assistance, termination, layoffs, social and recreational programs, and retirement.
GHX believes that employees should be provided with a working environment which enables each employee to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law. GHX expects and requires the cooperation of all employees in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere. Improper interference with the ability of GHX’s employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)