Vertafore is a leading technology company whose innovative software solution are advancing the insurance industry. Our suite of products provides solutions to our customers that help them better manage their business, boost their productivity and efficiencies, and lower costs while strengthening relationships. Our mission is to move InsurTech forward by putting people at the heart of the industry. We are leading the way with product innovation, technology partnerships, and focusing on customer success. Our fast-paced and collaborative environment inspires us to create, think, and challenge each other in ways that make our solutions and our teams better. We are headquartered in Denver, Colorado, with offices across the U.S., Canada, and India.
As the Senior UI Software Engineer on a Vertafore Distribution and Compliance Management development team, you will provide technical direction, leadership, and support for the front-end of our government platform offering. Our teams are focused on delivering high quality, innovative solutions targeted at the state regulatory market.
In this role, you will focus on crafting the future of our government platform, leveraging front-end technologies to build out our platform's user interface. You will partner with our User Experience teams to design, build, and test great products for our users. You will lead members of a development team, and work with other developers passionate about front-end development, through active mentoring, technical decision-making, and participation in company-wide collaboration. By bringing your creativity, ideas, and experience to the table, you will help deliver better solutions for our users.
All of this will be accomplished with cutting edge, lean-agile, software development methodologies. Our culture fosters collaboration, innovation, integrity, mentorship, commitment to success and fun.
Essential job functions included but are not limited to the following:
· Support existing products while developing new front-end focused solutions
· Convert wireframes, prototypes, sketches, and high-fidelity mockups into usable and responsive applications
· Mentor more junior UI developers in front-end technologies and practices
· Understand and make technical decisions driving the direction of the product
· Collaborate with our Experience Design team in designing and implementing solutions
· Validate the UI of our applications through manual and automated testing tools
· Troubleshoot UI-related issues quickly and effectively
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Curious and avid learner
· Passionate about writing accessibility-minded applications (e.g., ADA and 508 compliance)
· Able to implement front-end test automation
· Familiarity with front-end build tools and bundlers such as Webpack or alternatives
· 5+ years front-end development experience
· Organized with strong attention to detail
· Interact with users of our systems to gather insights and turn them into action
· Operate well in a fast-paced, flexible work environment
· Are creative in their commitment to problem solving
· Self-motivated and excellent problem solver
Additional Requirements and Details:
- Travel not anticipated
- Ability to work remotely with a stable internet connection on an as-needed basis
- Occasional lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds.
- Frequent repetitive hand and arm movements required to operate a computer.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision (working on a computer, etc.).
- Frequent sitting and/or standing.