Sr. Software Engineer-Ruby on Rails at Hotel Engine
Hotel Engine is a high-growth, Denver-based tech company that is innovating the business travel industry with a free, private hotel booking management platform. With over 200,000 hotel properties globally, Hotel Engine offers up to 60% off publicly available hotel rates for small-to-medium businesses, large enterprises, and government travelers.
Serving industries like construction, transportation and logistics, oil and gas, retail, healthcare, and more, Hotel Engine has customized hotel reservation management solutions built for the control, transparency, billing, and support needs of organizations of any size and industry.
Job Summary: Hotel Engine (https://www.hotelengine.com) is seeking a Ruby on Rails Lead Developer with strong abstract problem-solving abilities. In this position, you will be making architectural decisions, developing and maintaining an internal set of systems and tools, mentoring and shaping mid and junior level engineers, and building out integrations with third parties. Remote candidates are encouraged to apply if they can commit to relocating to Denver within four weeks after receiving an offer. This role will be performed primarily in our Denver office and we allow a couple days of remote work.
- 5+ years of Ruby on Rails or related experience required.
- Writes tests all the time.
- Experience understanding and implementing OO design patterns.
- Has experience building scalable applications.
Technologies that we use:
- Ruby on Rails
- REST / SOAP APIs
- Git / GitHub
- Heroku / AWS
How We Work:
- We ship code daily to our production, staging, and continuous integration environments.
- We work in a mix of Agile and Kanban.
- We keep meetings to an absolute minimum to maximize development time.
- We keep to a 40-hour work week and respect your time away from the office.
- Medical, dental, vision, and supplemental insurance
- 401k plan
- Free in-office monthly massages
- Unlimited vacation
- Paid holidays, sick time, and volunteer opportunities
- Discounted hotel rates
- Paid parental leave
- Craft brews and ciders on tap
- Company-sponsored social events and happy hours
- Paid gym membership
- Free organic fruit, snacks, and beverages
- Relaxed office and dress code
- Free on-site parking and bicycle storage
- Unmatched views of the Rocky Mountains