Sr. Software Engineer, Publisher Experience
Through our publishers, Sovrn Holdings reaches over 200 million people every day, generating over 9 billion ad calls daily. These requests must be processed in less than 250 milliseconds, and result in several petabytes of data on a monthly basis. The exciting technical problems we solve require a world class team and engineering culture to deliver against our mission.
The Publisher Experience team is building out a new extensible platform to enable publishers to pull in a wide variety of advertising data to run their businesses. We exist in open market conditions so time to market and value add are key differentiators. You will play a key role in defining and implementing our next generation platform.
What you’ll be doing:
- Evolving our single page application to support parallel development by multiple teams via modules and micro apps
- Support our Prebid analytics data pipeline built on Amazon Services, such as EC2, Elastic Beanstalk, Kinesis Firehose, Athena,S3.
- Build out a new analytics platform that enables publishers to connect to and gain insights from multiple data sources using React, Redux, Node, and GraphQL
- 7+ years' software development experience
- 7+ professional experience developing web services or applications
- Experience both consuming and producing REST APIs
- Excel in a fast paced agile development environment
- Proficient with persistence stores: Relational, NoSQL, etc…
- Proficiency using modern web development technologies and techniques such as HTML5, CSS, web components
- Understanding of data structures, algorithms and system design
- Ability to lead a team of junior and experienced engineers to a common technical goal
- Experience building complex dashboards and visualizations using D3 and other tools.
- Experience with GraphQL
- Demonstrable commitment to automation and CI/CD
- Experience with monitoring for highly observable code: StatsD, Graphite, etc…
- Experience working with Docker, AWS.
Position Reports to: Manager, Engineering
We spend a great deal of our time online. Whether it’s for information, commerce, or entertainment, each of us has come to depend on what we research, discover, and share. Publishers – those who create and curate content – are what makes the Internet great. Yet these publishers practice their craft largely alone, in siloes – without reference points or insightful understanding about where they sit in the grand scheme of things. To add to the challenge, once a Publisher’s content is in the wild, then the task of building engagement, growing a loyal following and enriching the engagement with that following can sometimes feel like shots in the dark or worse, a black box. Moreover, making money from their craft can be a complex task for any independent publisher who might prioritize generating content first and money second.
Sovrn believes that independent publishers are the Internet's vibrancy. As a partner and advocate to tens of thousands of independent publishers, Sovrn provides tools, technologies and services that help publishers (a) make money; (b) get distribution to grow their audience; and (c) access a massive data commons providing extraordinary insights.
The landscape of content networks, adtech vendors, and the myriad of buy-side / sell-side companies can be a complete maze for any reasonable person to decipher. Sovrn cuts through the noise and simplifies things with a basic, straightforward mission:
Help content creators do more of what they want to do – and less of what they don’t
Sovrn is an Equal Opportunity Employer!