Our mission is to simplify childcare operations and create meaningful connections by providing technology, expertise, and unparalleled service.
Procare Solutions is the number 1 name in childcare software – used by more than 30,000 childcare businesses across the country. For over 30 years, childcare professionals have looked to Procare to provide real-time information for making critical decisions, maintaining compliance with local and state regulations, and adhering to business best practices.
We make childcare management run smoothly, so that our customers can spend more time focusing on the kiddos, not back office administrative duties.
A little about the role
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will create and support enterprise software solutions for API partners and web clients. This role will maintain existing and develop new services supporting payments, customer maintenance, and reporting functionality for both internal and external customers. You understand that to best serve our customers, we must be a world-class organization employing best practices for engineering and operations. You will be part of both evolving our current products and platforms and helping optimize our cloud infrastructure for stability.
What you’ll do
- Provide market leading solutions that are scalable, reliable, and desirable to our customers
- Contribute to the development of projects both internally and externally
- Guide product functionality and upcoming additions and enhancements across technologies/platforms
- Increase other department/employee efficiency through robust automation and process interaction
- Validate solution completeness, accuracy, and performance through automated testing tools
- Guide coordination with other teams
- Work with the Software Development Manager on scoping, sizing, and estimations
- Collaborate and work with Product managers
- Help the team properly break down and associate tasks
- Coordinate and usher work items through the team workflow
- Collaborate on prototypes
- Guide architectural discussions
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge on both the technologies used and the payments business domain
- Review peer solutions & assist in mentoring
- Work both individually but also collaboratively with other members of the team
Our ideal candidate will have
- 5+ years of engineering experience, primarily with .NET - ASP.NET MVC, ASP.NET Web API, and ASP.NET Core preferred
- Ability to work as part of a team in all aspects of the life cycle including design, development, and testing of work products
- 1+ years of payments related business domain experience
- Extensive experience building RESTful APIs and microservices for internal and external use with C# or Java
- Experience with Agile processes in a structured setting; Scrum and/or Kanban
- 1+ years of Cloud experience, preferably with AWS
- Experience and passion for developing and releasing products – from inception to delivery and ongoing maintenance
- Demonstrated knowledge of RDBMS, preferably Microsoft SQL Server, and document datastores, preferably DynamoDB and MongoDB/DocumentDB
- Experience using data for decision-making related to team and system performance, rely heavily on telemetry and monitoring
- Bachelor’s degree in a computer related Engineering discipline (e.g. Computer Science) or equivalent experience
- Experience with working closely with Product Management teams to drive roadmap features and releases across multiple teams
- Excellent communication, documentation, and inter-personal skills leading to the ability to work with teams across multiple geographic locations.
- Excellent comprehensive benefits packages for full-time employees, including: medical, dental, & vision plans- choose the plan best for you
- HSA option with employer contributions of $50/mo
- Medical, Dependent Care, and Transportation FSA Plans
- Company paid Short and Long-Term disability and Life Insurance
- Vacation time, holidays, sick days, volunteer & personal days
- 401K Plan with employer match and immediate vesting
- RTD ECO-Pass for all Denver employees
- Tuition Reimbursement up to $2,000/year
- Casual workplace environment
- Prime downtown location close to restaurants and entertainment
- Promote from within- excellent career paths
This position is based in our downtown Denver office.
We are currently in a flexible hybrid in-office/remote working model based on local COVID-19 health regulations and business needs. Candidates must be willing and able to work from our downtown Denver office a few days a week.