GHX is seeking a Software Engineer IV located in the Louisville, CO office. This individual will design, develop and support existing and next-generation web based SaaS solutions using the latest Microsoft .Net technologies.
The Software Engineer IV must be well-versed and comfortable working in all aspects of a multi-tiered architecture including database, middle tier, presentation and integration/service layers. This position demands a self-motivated individual, capable of big picture thinking and excelling in a team environment.
The Software Engineer IV will implement all phases of development in an Agile/Scrum methodology. This will include design, implementation, unit testing, generating test plans with QA teams, and working hand in hand with GHX Product Managers and GHX Application Support to ensure the product is fully supportable.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
- Designs and develops data architecture, data definition and data manipulation structures in SQL Server
- Implements all aspects of development, to include database, presentation, middle tier and system interfaces.
- Generates supporting unit tests as well as system test specifications and implementations
- Maintains, modifies, and improves existing applications
- Recognizes when a broad solution is needed based on trends/root causes and recommends solutions
- As a member of the Agile delivery team, collaborates with the rest of the team and product owner daily
- Gathers and writes technical requirements for complex stories and features
- Develops system and maintenance documentation
- Issues deployment requests, and works with QA and Software Change Management teams during the release process
- Coordinates with the offshore development team, perform code & design reviews and participate in standups
- BS in Computer Science, or related degree (Math, Engineering, Computer Information Systems) required, or a combination of education and related experience
- 8+ years’ professional development experience in .Net
- 3+ years’ professional experience with C#, to include either 3.5, 4.0 framework and/or .Net Core
- 5+ years’ T-SQL, to include experience with SQL 2014 and/or above
- 3+ years’ experience with service oriented development
- 3+ years’ experience in the ASP.NET environment
- Experience working on a high performance SCRUM team
- Great communication and collaboration skills
- Strong design skills recommended
- Experience creating unit tests; RedGate TSQL Tests, FitNesse
- Experience with systems integration (EDI/HL7) a plus
- Constructively challenges the status quo; develops, proposes, and supports the implementation of innovative and creative solutions. Iterates and improves across multiple business domains.
- Experience with MSBuild, Bamboo
- Thinks strategically, displays a high degree of emotional maturity, and demonstrates a positive outlook
Skills related to the position:
- C# with .Net 3.5 framework or greater and/or .Net Core
- SQL Server 2017, T-SQL, Stored Procedure and ETL development
GHX: It’s the way you do business in healthcare
Global Healthcare Exchange (GHX) enables better patient care and billions in savings for the healthcare community by maximizing automation, efficiency and accuracy of business processes.
GHX is a healthcare business and data automation company, empowering healthcare organizations to enable better patient care and maximize industry savings using our world class cloud-based supply chain technology exchange platform, solutions, analytics and services. We bring together healthcare providers and manufacturers and distributors in North America and Europe — who rely on smart, secure healthcare-focused technology and comprehensive data to automate their business processes and make more informed decisions.
It is our passion and vision for a more operationally efficient healthcare supply chain, helping organizations reduce – not shift – the cost of doing business, paving the way to delivering patient care more effectively. Together we take more than a billion dollars out of the cost of delivering healthcare every year. GHX is privately owned, operates in the United States, Canada and Europe, and employs more than 800 people worldwide. Our corporate headquarters is in Europe, Louisville, Colorado, just outside of Denver, with additional offices in Europe, Chicago, Illinois, Atlanta, Georgia and Omaha, Nebraska.
Global Healthcare Exchange, LLC and its North American subsidiaries (collectively, “GHX”) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any status protected by applicable law. This EEO policy applies to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment, including hiring, training and development, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, educational assistance, termination, layoffs, social and recreational programs, and retirement.
GHX believes that employees should be provided with a working environment which enables each employee to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law. GHX expects and requires the cooperation of all employees in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere. Improper interference with the ability of GHX’s employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)