Sr. Software Engineer – Java, Microservices, AWS, Kafka at FIS
Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Computer Engineering
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
FIS Global – Merchant Solutions API Engineering Team is seeing Engineers, who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation and engineering practices. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You’ll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment—one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers.
As a Software Engineer, you will join a team that is creating quality software code, utilizing lean techniques such as test-driven development, continuous integration, and story based iterative development. The Software Engineer will be skilled in Java, Restful APIs and back end services, with an interest in front end development principles as well.
What you will be doing
- The Software Developer will be responsible for coding, testing and analyzing application software; support existing products and business applications
- Working with the team lead to identify business needs and appropriate technical solutions
- Responsible for designing and documenting technical requirements for products and business applications.
- Work closely with the other Development and QA team members.
- Adhere to FIS SDLC and Development processes, coding standards and best practices.
- Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Troubleshoot various products and business applications already in production as needed.
- Attend overnight releases when needed.
- Achieve operational excellence by automating processes and writing maintainable, supportable, and testable code.
- Networks with senior internal and external personnel in own area of expertise. The Software Developer will be responsible for coding, testing and analyzing application software; support existing products and business applications
- Maintain appropriate controls and documentation to ensure compliance of audit & security requirements.
What you bring:
Bachelor’s degree in computer engineering, computer science or other related discipline or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
- Experience in building web services in SOAP and/or REST using Java, Spring/SpringBoot framework.
- Hands-on experience with a cloud platform such as Pivotal Cloud Foundry or AWS, or container technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Strong experience working collaboratively using Agile/Scrum methodology is essential.
- Solid experience with Git, GitHub and DevOps tools like Jenkins, Sonatype Nexus repository
- Fluent in complex SQL and experienced in DB2, Oracle or SQL server preferred.
- Good experience on data streaming (ex. Kafka). data messaging and event driven systems.
- Experience with modern agile software delivery practices such as scrum, continuous integration and delivery (CI/CD), TDD, and BDD, DevOps, and automation.
What we offer you
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A fantastic range of benefits designed to help support your lifestyle and wellbeing
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.