Sr. Software Development Engineer in Test, Managed Services at Sovrn
About the Team
As a member of the Sovrn Managed Services team, you will work with a small development team to enable the full stack testing of our products and services. The team is hyper focused on getting things done but also has a passion for innovation and creativity. The culture of quality established and continues to evolve is one that everyone is responsible for our customer’s experience and we are always striving for excellence.
About the Job
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Help the engineering team own the quality of their products, from upfront product design to deployment and measurement while leveraging cloud technologies.
- Design and improve our automated testing frameworks and internal tooling.
- Create testing strategies that demonstrate a contextual understanding of Sovrn's products and their value to our publishers.
- Advocate for best practices in testability, code health, infrastructure, monitoring, and performance.
- Educate the engineering teams that will add to the Sovrn Platform to be able to ensure the highest level of quality and performance.
- Maintain the infrastructure that the tests will be using.
You are driven for success and are constantly asking “what does this do?” You are extremely detail-oriented and learn from your mistakes. Being able to articulate best testing practices and raise concern when issues are found is a strength. You embrace the spirit of collaboration and frequently find yourself working with others, asking questions, or helping find solutions to a complex problem. You also have the thought process of, “If I have to do this more than once I’m going to automate it!”.
The successful candidate will be:
- Able to develop in a system that is already established and find areas of improvement.
- Able to make their mark on bettering the quality of the Sovrn Managed Services by defining new ways of testing within a fast-paced environment.
- Enthusiastic about developing tooling and tests that proactively address ambiguous and non-deterministic problems.
- Able to interact with multiple teams across the organization and build ways to ensure that our high-quality standards are being met.
- Able to troubleshoot issues and predict challenges related to SDLC.
- Prepared to express their expertise on software quality best practices and tools to foster the ownership of quality to the engineers.
- Able to articulate technical problems and solutions to fellow engineers and business stakeholders.
- 5+ years QA experience
- Experience with AWS
- A background in the ad technology industry
- Background in the technologies that the engineers work with include; Typescript, JS, SQL, PHP, Snowflake, Redshift, Logstash, Docker, Nginx and Restful APIs to name a few.
This position reports to: Director, Quality Assurance
Location: San Diego, California
We understand that no candidate is perfectly qualified for any job. Experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable; and passion goes a long way. Even more important than your resume is a clear demonstration of accountability impact, and the ability to thrive in a fluid and collaborative environment. We expect you to learn new things in this role, and we encourage you to apply if your experience is close to what we're looking for.
Publishers create the content the world depends on for education, entertainment, and commerce. Sovrn provides products and services to tens of thousands of online publishers to help them grow, operate their business, understand their readership, and manage consumer data. Sovrn is headquartered in Boulder, Colorado with offices in San Francisco, New York, and London.
With 10,000 customers deploying one or more products across 30,000 websites, Sovrn reaches 200M consumers across more than 3.5B pageviews everyday. Sovrn has been a leader in online publisher technology since its founding, and has been recognized by IAB, JICWEBS, and TAG for its role in combating advertising fraud and promoting pro-transparency initiatives. Sovrn is dedicated to helping content creators do more of what they love, and less of what they don’t.
Sovrn Core Values: Candid, Customer Empathy, Learning, Scrappy, Second Order Thinking
Compensation and Benefits
In accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the approximate compensation range for this role in Boulder, Colorado is $100,000 to $125,000, including base salary and any related bonuses or commissions. Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as a candidates relevant work experience, skills, certifications and geographic location. Sovrn offers a full slate of benefits from competitive salaries, stock options, medical, dental and vision coverage, short and long term disability, life insurance, 11 paid holidays, flexible vacation, commuter benefits, a 401(k) plan and match, and a paid parental leave program.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Sovrn is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, parental or pregnancy status, marriage and civil partnership, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodations will be made to meet the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act and will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Sovrn does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Sovrn employees. Sovrn is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.