Sr QA Engineer at GHX
The Quality Assurance Engineer is responsible for leading the debugging of software products through the use of manual and automated tests to develop, apply, and maintain quality standards for company products. The QA Engineer IV will develop, modify, and execute software test plans as well as analyze and write test standards and procedures. This role is expected to maintain documentation and recommend any corrective action needed and will partner closely with Software Engineers in Agile/Scrum.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
- The team’s “go to” person for product knowledge, draws details from product owners, stakeholders and team members.
- Design and maintain test plans, test cases, scenarios, scripts, and procedures. Able to relate a functionality to test cases.
- Plan & execute test schedules in accordance with project scope and delivery dates.
- Collaborate with product and development teams to provide a high level of functionality, usability, and testability of the product during grooming.
- Challenges developers and product with solutions.
- Constantly evaluate and refine QA processes/methodologies and enforce them within all teams involved.
- Responsible for unit testing, integration testing, automation testing , end to end testing, regression testing.
- Blows the whistle when there is a risk to the process, tests or customers.
- Requires very little or no direction. Determines & documents methods & procedures on new assignments and presents to the team.
- Participates in cross-functional initiatives. Communicates with technical & non-technical parties cross-functionally.
- Recognizes that a broad solution is needed based on trends/root causes and recommends solutions. Asks the right questions.
- Mentors new/junior teammates.
- Create & maintain automation framework and automated test suites.
- Troubleshooting quality & support issues and modifying test procedures.
- Ensuring the successful deployment of products into the market by defining and implementing end-to-end product test strategies.
- BS in Computer Science, or related degree (Math, Engineering, Computers) required, or a combination of education and related experience.
- 8+ years’ professional QA experience.
- Experience with work tracking tools (JIRA etc.).
- Programming experience with OOP language.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Experience working in an Agile scrum team environment.
- Strong SQL query knowledge.
- Experience with load testing tools like Jmeter.
- Experience in UI and API automation using Selenium or other tools.
- Experience creating and maintaining test automation frameworks.
- Ability to demonstrate initiative, not only to accomplish assigned development tasks with a minimum of prepared documentation, but also to identify areas for improvement, and ability to combine these improvements into the product.
- Experience with AWS.
- Experience with CI/CD.
- Experience working as a BA.
Estimated Salary range for this position: $105,000- $125,000
The base salary range represents the anticipated low and high end of the GHX’s salary range for this position. Actual salaries will vary and will be based on various factors, such as candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies and proficiency for the role. The base salary is one component of GHX’s total compensation package for employees. Other rewards and benefits include: health, vision, and dental insurance, accident and life insurance, 401k matching, paid-time off, and education reimbursement, to name a few. To view more details of our benefits, visit us here: https://www.ghx.com/about/careers/
GHX is a healthcare business and data automation company, empowering healthcare organizations to enable better patient care and maximize industry savings using our world class cloud-based supply chain technology exchange platform, solutions, analytics and services. We bring together healthcare providers and manufacturers and distributors in North America and Europe — who rely on smart, secure healthcare-focused technology and comprehensive data to automate their business processes and make more informed decisions.
It is our passion and vision for a more operationally efficient healthcare supply chain, helping organizations reduce – not shift – the cost of doing business, paving the way to delivering patient care more effectively. Together we take more than a billion dollars out of the cost of delivering healthcare every year. GHX is privately owned, operates in the United States, Canada and Europe, and employs more than 800 people worldwide. Our corporate headquarters is in Europe, Louisville, Colorado, just outside of Denver, with additional offices in Europe, Atlanta, Georgia, Chicago, Illinois and Omaha, Nebraska.
GHX provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. GHX complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.