Alteryx is looking for a Sr. Production Security Architect. This opportunity is Remote Friendly.
Alteryx, Inc. is looking for a Senior Product Security Architect to collaboratively create and embed secure design patterns into the heart of the applications and services that make up the Alteryx suite of products. You will work with a team of enthusiastic technologists to secure our modern data analytics platform and ensure compatibility with today's dynamic, hybrid multi-cloud environments. Your contributions to the foundation of our product line will have a lasting impact as we continue to release new innovations that bring powerful low/no code data analytics capabilities to all.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Works directly with product architects to integrate robust design patterns into all facets of the Alteryx product suite. Aligns application security capabilities with the long-term strategic vision of the Alteryx product line. Determines security requirements by evaluating business strategies and requirements, information security standards, vulnerability analyses, and risk assessments. Participates in product proof-of-concept workshops and innovation research to establish robust application architectures with strong embedded security. Collaborates with application and infrastructure architects to design full stack security controls for diverse hybrid and multi-cloud environments to support product deployments. Updates job knowledge by tracking and understanding emerging security practices and standards. Explores opportunities to add value to job accomplishments. Participates in the training and development of associates. Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
STANDARD DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Exceptional communication skills with diverse audiences - Strong critical thinking and analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to identify risks associated with business processes, operations, information security programs and technology projects
- Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works ethically and with integrity; upholds organizational values; accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and adherence to EEO policy; shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; educates others on the value of diversity; promotes working environment free of harassment of any type; builds a diverse workforce and supports affirmative action.
- Follows policies and procedures; completes tasks correctly and on time; supports the company's goals and values.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Extensive knowledge of application architecture design patterns and experience implementing into commercial software with relevant security protections.
- Strong understanding of application attack techniques and common vulnerabilities, including OWASP Top 10 and SANS Top 25.
- Experience leading threat modeling exercises and translating results into product design decisions that mitigate identified threats.
- Deep working knowledge of secure software development practices and product life cycling.
- Comfort working with distributed applications comprised of multiple programming languages and technologies.
- Ability to make decisions that have a large impact on product security and development roadmaps.
- Ability to provide consultation and expert advice to management.
- Ability to deal with complex difficult problems involving multiple facets and variables in non-standardized situations.
- Intermediate skill in computer terminal and personal computer operation; Microsoft Office applications including but not limited to: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Effective organizational and time management skills.
- Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work with little to no supervision while performing duties.
- Ability to write and secure code in multiple programming languages preferred.
- Experience with Alteryx Designer / Server a plus.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND/OR LICENSES:
- Bachelor's Degree in Cyber Security, Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field preferred and a minimum of five (7+) years' progressive information security experience is preferred.
- Experience working as a software engineer / developer preferred.
- Certified Information Systems Professional (CISSP), Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH), GIAC Security Essentials Certification (GSEC), GIAC Certified Incident Handler (GCIH), Security+, or other related certifications preferred.
Alteryx is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. The salary range for this role in Broomfield, CO is $122,100 - $207,600. This position is also remote-friendly and, as such, compensation will ultimately be in line with the location in which the position is filled. Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as a candidate's relevant work experience, skills, certifications, and geographic location. This role is eligible for variable compensation including bonus and stock grants.
Find yourself checking a lot of these boxes but doubting whether you should apply? At Alteryx, we support a growth mindset for our associates through all stages of their careers. If you meet some of the requirements and you share our values, we encourage you to apply. As part of our ongoing commitment to a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace, we're invested in building teams with a wide variety of backgrounds, identities, and experiences.
Benefits & Perks:
Alteryx has amazing benefits for all Associates which can be viewed here.