Solutions Engineer at JumpCloud (Remote)
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:13 a.m. (MST) on Monday, April 4, 2022
All roles at JumpCloud are Remote unless otherwise specified in the Job Description.
JumpCloud’s mission is to Make Work Happen®, providing simple, secure access to corporate technology resources from any device, or any location. The JumpCloud Directory Platform gives IT, security operations, and DevOps a single, cloud-based solution to control and manage employee identities, their devices, and apply conditional access controls based on Zero Trust principals. Since launching in 2012, our global user base has grown to more than 150,000 organizations, with more than 5,000 paying customers including Cars.com, GoFundMe, Grab, ClassPass, Uplight and Peloton. JumpCloud has raised over $400M from world-class investors including Sapphire Ventures, General Atlantic, Sands Capital, Atlassian, and CrowdStrike. Our teams are growing fast, too, and we're looking for talent across engineering, sales, customer success, marketing, product management, and more. Join our team of dedicated, passionate, and creative people who are eager to change the IT industry forever.
About the Role:
We are looking for a skilled, self-motivated Solutions Engineer to join our engineering team. At JumpCloud we’re solving complex problems using technologies like Go, Linux, Terraform, Salt, Python and many others. We’re in the cloud and for the cloud, taking advantage of all the fun tools and capabilities offered to us by Amazon AWS. We are focused on delivering cloud-based directory services via a SaaS model, and as a result are solving some very difficult problems around identity, authentication, security, and cloud-based architecture scaling.
We’re looking for a passionate engineer to be the next member of our awesome Solution Architecture engineering team. JumpCloud is focused on delivering cloud-based directory services via a SaaS model and as a result are trying to solve some very difficult problems around identity, authentication, security, cloud scaling, and device management.
As an innovative technologist, with a deep understanding of best practices in the Information Technology space, you will be responsible for advancing and integrating the JumpCloud platform into new technology frontiers. As a Solutions Engineer, you will research, develop and release technical solutions that increase JumpCloud adoption and extend the capabilities of the JumpCloud platform. You will work and communicate with customers, sales, marketing, engineering, customer success, and leadership to formulate solutions that provide the best possible outcome.
- 2+ years of production programming experience in at least one of the following: PowerShell (preferred), Java, Python, Go, NodeJS.
- Experience with implementing and integrating software solutions.
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies and understanding how to utilize them in a customer-facing environment.
- Extensive experience in MacOS or Windows system administration and deep understanding and knowledge of IT best practices.
- Git experience.
- Strong team player that wants to win together. We are both Agile and agile, and we’re a team that’s constantly working together.
- Experience working with RESTful API’s.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a closely related field.
Desirable but not essential:
- Experience working with Active Directory, networking, and user authentication.
- Experience with employee and system life-cycle management including onboarding, offboarding, user account creation, system provisioning, and deployment.
- Experience working with Chef, Terraform, or Chocolatey.
- Prior experience as a Solutions Architect at a SaaS or cloud forward company.
- Experience in Linux and Linux administration in a business environment.
- Experience working with LDAP, SAML 2.0, SMB.
- Experience contributing to and working on open-source software projects.
- Cloud computing expertise (Azure, AWS, GCP).
- CI/CD pipeline experience.
- An understanding of agile methodology and practices.
In accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the approximate annual compensation range for this role, depending on individual candidate level and experience, is $70,000-$100,000, including base salary and any related bonuses or commissions.
JumpCloud provides a comprehensive benefits package, with several medical plans to choose from including a high deductible HSA plan with employer contribution, two dental plans, vision insurance, flexible spending account (FSA), employee assistance program (EAP), short- and long-term disability, life insurance and a 401k savings plan with match. We have an unlimited vacation policy.
Where you’ll be working/Location:
JumpCloud is committed to being Remote First, meaning that are you able to work remotely within the country noted in the Job Description.
For US Roles: All roles posted in United States locations do require that you be located within one of the 50 U.S. States. Our Headquarters is in the Denver/Boulder, CO area but as a remote company, you are able to work remotely anywhere in the U.S. If you would like to spend time in the office in Denver/Boulder area, you are welcome do that as well.
If you thrive working in a fast, SaaS-based environment and you are passionate about solving challenging technical problems, we look forward to hearing from you! JumpCloud is an incredible place to share and grow your expertise! You’ll work with amazing talent across each department who are passionate about our mission. We’re out of the box thinkers, so your unique ideas and approaches for conceiving a product and/or feature will be welcome. You’ll have a voice in the organization as you work with a seasoned executive team, a supportive board and in a proven market that our customers are excited about.
One of JumpCloud's three core values is to “Build Connections.” To us that means creating " human connection with each other regardless of our backgrounds, orientations, geographies, religions, languages, gender, race, etc. We care deeply about the people that we work with and want to see everyone succeed." - Rajat Bhargava, CEO
Please submit your résumé and brief explanation about yourself and why you would be a good fit for JumpCloud. Please note JumpCloud is not accepting third party resumes at this time.
JumpCloud is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Read Full Job Description