Solutions Engineer / Consultant - U.S. Remote at FIS
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
This role interacts with a team of commercial professionals and implementation teams across the organization. The team holds a high degree of internal and external relationships specific to the payments industry and across our vast product estate. The team is a dynamic and motivated group driving business in a high-growth market segment.
For help on product knowledge use https://eas.fnis.com/eas/catalog/index.php
What you will be doing
The Solution Consultant plays an integral role in the commercial process by utilizing product, technical and industry knowledge to provide comprehensive solutions for new and existing clients. You will uncover prospect requirements and identifying product functionality to develop and recommend the best possible products/solutions and/or services for client prospects. This will be done through joint commercial presentations and product information sharing.
The role incorporates a high degree of internal and external partnerships and relationships. You possess a high technical aptitude with a strong business comprehension. You are detail-oriented, possess strong presentation and communication skills. You are comfortable and confident in client-facing meetings and represent Worldpay at the highest level.
- Support product in a pre-sales environment, by facilitating discussions with merchants regarding the payments industry, possible integrations, product, connectivity structure, and best practices.
- Creation of solution and scoping of new business, from the technical/ financial/ operational discovery phase through handover to implementation team.
- Support internal strategic initiatives when and where necessary with knowledge of Worldpay merchant platforms/functionality
- Work closely with product, implementations, corporate support, and other key stakeholders
- Time will be split between new business, existing business and assist product in product/delivery commercialization
- Attend meetings / conferences / engage with partners (internal/external)
- Build an in-depth product knowledge effectively mastering the full Worldpay suite of merchant products and platforms
- Ability to build network internally - deep relationships with other teams
- Excellent problem solving and presentation skills
- Ability to network externally in payments (partners, providers, schemes, etc.)
- Able to do competitive assessment
- Be voice of customer into other teams (e.g. product, delivery, sales enablement)
- Strong problem solving/solution design skills
- Building understanding and trust
- Working knowledge of current payment technologies in the industry and within FIS with desire to learn emerging capabilities, Understanding of Worldpay integration documentation, APIs, and an interest in technical payment solutions.
- Working knowledge of Integration with external ecommerce platforms from SAP
- Understanding of OTC process in SAP
- Understanding of Receivables Management in SAP (AR Receivables)
- Understanding of Basic SD/FI configuration in SAP
- Experience in RFC connections (TCP/IP preferred) in SAP
- Knowledge of Function modules, User Exits, BAPIs, BADIs and Web interfaces
- Knowledge of Payment card functions in SAP would be added advantage
- Change management
- International experience
- Cross cultural and language skills
- Consultative approach to selling
- A competitive salary and benefits
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A modern, international work environment and a dedicated and motivated team
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect
- A broad range of professional education and personal development possibilities - FIS is your final career step!
- Time to support charities and give back in your community
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.