Software Test Engineer at AMP Robotics
AMP Robotics is a pioneer and industry leader in artificial intelligence and robotics for the recycling industry. Every day, we’re working to reimagine and actively modernize the world’s recycling infrastructure. Headquartered and manufacturing operations in Louisville, Colorado, we build and deploy cutting-edge technology solutions that solve many of the central challenges of recycling to make it more efficient, cost-effective, scalable, and sustainable.
We’re fostering an environment where talented, driven individuals can grow and create impact. We are looking for unconventional thinkers to join our mission; at AMP, your contributions have meaning and can spur change. With backing from top-tier investors including Sequoia Capital and recognition including Fortune’s Impact 20, Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, and Forbes’ most promising artificial intelligence companies in America, we’re always seeking ways to better our operations, raising the bar on innovation, and looking to collaborate and improve each day in what we do. Learn more at AMPRobotics.com.
AMP Robotics is hiring a Software Test Engineer reporting to the QA Manager to focus on the verification and validation of the software that controls our flagship product. You will be tasked with participating in the full software development life cycle from requirement, design & code review to release testing at the system level. Most importantly your technical expertise, intuition, and judgement will be valued by your manager.
To succeed in this role you should be highly organized and methodical in how you approach your work. It is imperative that you have a passion for testing, solving problems and continually raising the bar for quality. You will be measured, first and foremost, by how well you collaborate with your peers and ultimately by the level of rigor and application you bring to each and every assignment.
As our Software Test Engineer, you will work to:
- Support the robotics software team to deliver high quality releases
- Participate in requirement & design review process
- Devise test strategies and approaches
- Design test plans and execute test cases
- Troubleshoot, debug and support existing products
- Report, track, and manage defects to resolution
- Generate succinct and meaningful reports that improve outcomes
- Use data to measure improvements and justify decisions
- Expand our automated testing coverage to reduce manual testing burden
- Collaborate with hardware, web software and customer service teams
- Initiate improvements to raise the bar on our quality processes and documentation
- Lay the groundwork for future hires that you may mentor
The successful candidate will have:
- Passion for quality and testing
- An aptitude for test automation
- Strong background with Linux and embedded systems
- Exceptional organizational and documentation skills
- Must be methodical and skilled at decomposing complex issues across hardware, embedded and cloud software
- Ability to work equally well in a team or independently
- Imaginative and open minded for problem solving
- CS background and 5+ years of experience
- Has previously bootstrapped from novice to expert in relation to system testing, product and domain knowledge
- Knowledgeable on operating systems, databases & networking
- Practical use of Git
- Docker, Jenkins, Robot Framework, Ansible
- Jira, Confluence
- Exposure to ISO or working within a regulated environment
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years experience
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Louisville, CO
Affirmative Action/EEO Statement:
AMP Robotics is an equal opportunity employer. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at the Company will be based on job openings, merit, qualifications, and abilities as required by the position. The Company does not discriminate, and does not permit its employees to discriminate against other employees, applicants, customers, or independent contractors because of:
- Sexual orientation (including gender identity or expression, including a person's orientation toward heterosexuality, homosexuality, bisexuality, or transgender status, or PeopleCare’s perception thereof)
- Pregnancy, childbirth, and related conditions
- Marital status
- National origin
- Military or veteran status
- Age (40 or over)
- Disability (including genetic information)
- Or, any other consideration made unlawful by applicable laws.
Equal employment opportunity will be extended to all persons in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship, including recruitment, hiring, upgrading, training, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, discipline, layoff, recall, and termination.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We recognize that there is more to work than the day-to-day responsibilities. In addition to a collaborative, high-performing team environment, we’re pleased to offer competitive base salaries; medical, dental and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off and sick time; flexible work hours; and the opportunity to quickly accelerate your learning and growth.
- Medical - The company covers up 85% to 100% of the premium for Cigna healthcare plans depending on the selection. Employees pay the difference in premium if they select a more expensive plan. Up to 75% for dependents.
- 401(k) retirement plan (non-matching).
- Seven (7) paid holidays – 7 company designated and 2 floating holidays. (salaried employees only)
- Referral bonuses for staff positions.
- Paid Vacation Leave – Accrues at a rate of 4.67 hours (0.58 days) per pay period (2 weeks). Unused PTO carries over each year with a 1-year limit.
- Paid Sick Leave – 64 hours per year, given in full on start date, refreshes on anniversary.