Software Quality Assurance Manager at FRONTSTEPS
Headquartered in Denver, Colorado with additional offices in Arizona and California, FRONTSTEPS is a SaaS company with a resident engagement platform to empower communities to be safe, informed, and efficient. More than 23,000 communities nationwide — that’s 4.4 million homeowners — are covered by FRONTSTEPS services! We deliver solutions that simplify how management companies, homeowner associations, builders, and security & patrol experts build, connect, operate, and secure modern communities. With a focus on mobile-first technology and best-in-class integrations, our products make it easy for community leaders and homeowners to communicate, collaborate, and drive a more prosperous community.
FRONTSTEPS is guided by the core values of 1) developing our people, 2) taking care of the customer at all times, 3) moving with purpose and urgency, 4) being open, honest, and transparent, 5) innovating and failing forward, and 6) being courageous.
Our engineering team prioritizes creating excellent systems via rapid iterations, collaboration, and peer review. We are looking for a Quality Assurance Manager who will actively mentor and contribute to the personal development of their team. You get just as excited seeing others grow and learn under your leadership as you do by executing the work yourself. You seek to improve standard practices and cultivate a culture of excellence. Most importantly, you'll work with a diverse group of people and collaborate to create the best solutions for FRONTSTEPS, Customer Support department, and Customers.
As a Quality Assurance Manager will focus on leading and developing a highly skilled team of QA Engineers and Customer Support Engineers in Test. You will be responsible for managing QA processes and ensuring best practices are adhered to. This position may be based remotely in the U.S. All candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship.
- Establish and evolve formal QA processes, ensuring that the teams are using best practices.
- Establish processes to resolve dependencies and communicate clearly with stakeholders for smoother releases.
- Build, manage, mentor, and coach a team of highly-skilled Quality Assurance Engineers and Software Development Engineers in Test.
- Own all operational metrics for your team.
- Conducts performance evaluations that are timely and constructive.
- Develops, implements, and manages processes to ensure that products meet required specifications for quality, function, and reliability prior to delivery
- Identifies and sets appropriate quality standards and parameters for products.
- Communicates quality standards and parameters to QA team, product development team, and other appropriate staff
- Coordinates product testing processes
- Participates in product testing
- Identifies and analyzes issues, bugs, defects, and other problems, particularly when problems recur in multiple products; recommends and facilitates solutions to these issues
Skills & Qualifications:
If you're on the fence about whether you meet all of the requirements for this role, please apply!
- You have good communication and organizational skills
- You have experience managing Quality Assurance teams
- Experience with Automation testing tools and frameworks
- You love fostering career growth and building a strong team culture.
- You proactively identify problems and opportunities and generate creative approaches to solve them.
- You enjoy working collaboratively with a product manager to build and maintain a backlog of work for a team of engineers
- You understand that celebrating accomplishments is just as important as looking for ways to improve.
- In-depth understanding of Quality Assurance principles and Automated Testing
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
FRONTSTEPS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.