Software Engineer at DAT Freight & Analytics (Greater Denver Area, CO or Remote)
DAT is an award-winning employer of choice and a next-generation SaaS technology company that has been at the leading edge of innovation in transportation supply chain logistics for 45 years. We continue to transform the industry year over year, by deploying a suite of software solutions to millions of customers every day - customers who depend on DAT for the most relevant data and most accurate insights to help them make smarter business decisions and run their companies more profitably. We operate the largest marketplace of its kind in North America, with 400 million freights posted in 2022, and a database of $150 billion of annual global shipment market transaction data. Our headquarters are in Denver, CO, with additional offices in Missouri, Oregon, and Bangalore, India. For additional information, see www.DAT.com/company.
DAT is looking for Senior Full Stack Software Engineer to join our team in Denver, CO.
In this role, you will be part of a team responsible for designing and building consumer-facing data visualization SaaS products. You will work with our outstanding team of software engineers, data scientists and data visualization experts using cutting edge tools to develop reliable, scalable and sustainable solutions.
What You’ll Do
- Design, implement and test software across the stack; from the persistence layer to the interface (UIs and APIs)
- Identify and implement software development process improvements; automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery and re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability
- Be a learner and continuously grow your craft
- Be a team player - support your teammates, be a leader, share information, take initiative, solve problems and do what you say you're going to do (and have fun doing it!)
The Skills You’ll Need
- A degree in Computer Science Statistics, Engineering, Information Systems, or another quantitative field
- 5+ Years of experience in a software development role
- Experience developing secure, reliable, scalable web applications that are consumer facing (as opposed to internal users)
- Experience coding in languages like: Python, Java, C#, C++, Scala, Node, SQL, et al.
- Experience working with both relational and non-relational databases
- Experience with AWS cloud services: EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift or similar cloud technologies such as Azure or Google Cloud
- Experience with containerization and clustering technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience authoring infrastructure as code (ie, Terraform, CloudFormation, Chef, Puppet, et al.)
- Experience working with and supporting high availability SaaS implementations
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment
For Colorado-based candidates, in compliance with Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the minimum salary for this role is $130,000.00 + benefits. The maximum compensation for this role can vary significantly depending on your job-related skills and experience. DAT considers factors such as scope and responsibilities of the position, candidate's work experience, education and training, core skills, internal equity, and market and business elements when extending an offer.
DAT embraces the value of a diverse workforce, and believes it is a core strength of our company that we encourage those values in every DAT employee, at every level of our organization, regardless of tenure or rank. We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)