Software Engineer, Zoom Meeting Client-Android at Zoom Video Communications (Remote)
- Write Zoom Meeting client on Android in Java and C/C++, develop prototypes quickly.
- Design major software components and features.
- Work closely with Engineering partners, Product and Project Managers, Product Designers, and DevOps to drive engineering release and deliver success.
- Partner with technical support and customer success, while also communicating with customers to troubleshoot product issues and deliver happiness to our users.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related.
- 5 years of software programming experience
- 2 years of experience in Android client application development for Android using Java and C/C++.
- Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Programming experience in Android UI/UX and multithreading.
- Programming experience in Android NDK development.
- Solid understanding of Android UI design principles, design patterns, and best practices.
- Debugging and performance benchmark experience on Android.
- Experience with specialist domains: real-time collaboration application development, real-time multimedia communication application development, instant messaging application development, SIP application development, third party libraries in Java or C/C++.
- Knowledge of 2D and 3D graphics frameworks.
- Good communication skills.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Zoom's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives including qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records as well as any qualified applicants requiring reasonable accommodations in accordance with the law.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Zoomies is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Zoom requires all U.S. employees who will work in person at a Zoom office, attend in-person Zoom meetings or have in-person customer meetings to be fully vaccinated. Zoom will consider requests for reasonable accommodations for religious or medical reasons as required under applicable law.
- Hear from our leadership team
- Browse Awards and Employee Reviews on Comparably
- Visit our Blog
- Zoom with us!
- Find us on social at the links below and on Instagram