Software Engineer, University Recruiting (2020 Grads)
Interested applicants graduating in Spring/Summer 2020 should apply to this requisition.
Ibotta is looking for an associate Software Engineer to come build something great with us. As part of the engineering team, you will work on the systems that millions of our Savers use every day! We're looking for a self-motivated engineer who has a real passion for building software and infrastructure at scale using technologies such as Kotlin/Java, React, Ruby on Rails, and Node, with infrastructure built on Kubernetes, Redis, DynamoDB, and AWS. Every engineer has input into our product process and will have a real impact as part of a small, nimble squad.
Here is what you’ll be doing:
- Work with a cross-functional team to design and develop new features that will be used by millions of Savers
- Use Amazon’s AWS infrastructure and advanced services daily
- Identify and fix performance bottlenecks
- Write tests and perform code reviews to ensure that we're shipping reliable, readable, and reusable code
- Utilize our CI/CD pipelines to produce and release high quality code daily
- Help research and implement technology solutions for reliable, scalable, high-performing services
Here is what we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s or graduate degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
- Strong knowledge of MySQL, Postgres, or other RDBMS
- Working knowledge of Unix/Linux
- Working knowledge of source control systems including Git
- Knowledge of object-oriented software design, development, and architectural principles
Nice to have:
- Building APIs for internal or external applications
- Experience with Spring Framework
- Exposure to event driven architecture
- Ruby on Rails
- Experience with AWS technologies such as DynamoDB, Kinesis, or Lambda
- Automated testing using tools such as RSpec or JUnit
- Scrum/Agile development
Headquartered in Denver, CO, Ibotta (“I bought a...“) is a free app that's transforming the shopping experience by making every purchase rewarding. The company partners with leading brands and retailers to offer real cash back on groceries, travel, electronics, clothing, gifts, home and office supplies, dining out, and much more. Ibotta is the ultimate starting point for savings, and having paid out more than $600 million in cash rewards to its Savers, it's no surprise why Ibotta is one of the most downloaded shopping apps in the United States
Learn more about Ibotta here: https://liferewarded.ibotta.com/press-and-media/
- This position is located in Denver, CO and includes competitive pay, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), 401k, commuter stipend, and equity.
- Ibotta provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and genetics.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- For the security of our employees and the business, all employees are responsible for the secure handling of data in accordance with our security policies, identifying and reporting phishing attempts, as well as reporting security incidents to the proper channels.