Software Engineer, University Recruiting (2020 Grads) at Ibotta
Interested applicants graduating in Spring/Summer 2020 should apply to this requisition.
Ibotta is looking for an associate Software Engineer to come build something great with us. As part of the engineering team, you will work on the systems that millions of our Savers use every day! We're looking for a self-motivated engineer who has a real passion for building software and infrastructure at scale using technologies such as Kotlin/Java, React, Ruby on Rails, and Node, with infrastructure built on Kubernetes, Redis, DynamoDB, and AWS. Every engineer has input into our product process and will have a real impact as part of a small, nimble squad.
Here is what you’ll be doing:
- Work with a cross-functional team to design and develop new features that will be used by millions of Savers
- Use Amazon’s AWS infrastructure and advanced services daily
- Identify and fix performance bottlenecks
- Write tests and perform code reviews to ensure that we're shipping reliable, readable, and reusable code
- Utilize our CI/CD pipelines to produce and release high quality code daily
- Help research and implement technology solutions for reliable, scalable, high-performing services
Here is what we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s or graduate degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
- Strong knowledge of MySQL, Postgres, or other RDBMS
- Working knowledge of Unix/Linux
- Working knowledge of source control systems including Git
- Knowledge of object-oriented software design, development, and architectural principles
Nice to have:
- Building APIs for internal or external applications
- Experience with Spring Framework
- Exposure to event driven architecture
- Ruby on Rails
- Experience with AWS technologies such as DynamoDB, Kinesis, or Lambda
- Automated testing using tools such as RSpec or JUnit
- Scrum/Agile development
Headquartered in Denver, CO, Ibotta ("I bought a...") is a free mobile shopping and payments app that has delivered more than $675 million in cumulative cash rewards to its users for making purchases in-store, on mobile apps, or via websites. Launched in 2012, Ibotta has more than 35 million downloads and has become one of the most frequently used shopping apps in the United States. The Ibotta platform provides cash back on purchases at more than 1,500 leading brands and hundreds of retailer partners. In 2019, Ibotta launched its payments solution, Pay with Ibotta™, enabling shoppers to pay for their entire purchase through the Ibotta app and instantly earn cash back. Ibotta was named to the 2019 Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing private companies in the U.S., after debuting on the list in 2018. The company recently became the first mobile consumer technology company in Colorado to achieve $1B in valuation.
Learn more about Ibotta here: https://liferewarded.ibotta.com/press-and-media/
- This position is located in Denver, CO and includes competitive pay, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), 401k, commuter stipend, and equity.
- Ibotta provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and genetics.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- For the security of our employees and the business, all employees are responsible for the secure handling of data in accordance with our security policies, identifying and reporting phishing attempts, as well as reporting security incidents to the proper channels.