Founded in 2015, Automox is coming off its fourth quarter of record growth that has seen its platform become the most recommended solution in endpoint security and the preferred endpoint management solution for over 1,500 customers across 30 countries. With an increasing number of operating systems, servers, hardware, and applications that need to be maintained, updated, configured, and patched on a regular basis, IT ops teams are feeling fatigued and vulnerable. Automox is building a company and team to tackle this problem for millions of endpoints.
You are a seasoned Software Development Engineer in Test, or Automation QA Engineer, who is passionate about delivering a high quality product at a fast pace. You are enthusiastic about software quality, and can interact directly with product owners and delivery team members to plan, scope, schedule and implement testing activities. You have very strong communication, collaboration and analytical skills and an ability to work as part of an Agile team. You will be part of a small, high performance team and will have the opportunity to excel and grow your career while helping grow our testing efforts and ensuring quality of the releases.
THE FUN STUFF
- Own test strategy and execution for one or more feature areas, working closely with the cross-functional team to ensure that we meet our quality objectives
- Design complex IT configurations to test product capabilities in simulated production-like environments
- Perform and participate in all aspects of manual and automated test verifications. This includes feature and functional testing, load, performance, and regression testing
- Perform root cause analysis for bugs and work with the development team to resolve them
- Work collaboratively as part of a scrum team to deliver great software and promote an overall culture of quality
- Identify and execute on opportunities to improve our processes to facilitate increased test coverage
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
- 7+ years of combined software development, QA and test automation experience.
- 5+ years hands-on experience as an SDET or Automation QA Engineer defining test strategy, test design patterns, and executing tests with varied complexity for commercial SaaS products.
- Proficiency with Python and experience using testing frameworks such as PyTest
- Understanding of PHP, Python and/or Golang from the standpoint of applying automation tests.
- API and RESTful architecture test automation experience.
- Experience working in a Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) model including Github and CI pipeline automation tools.
- Intellectual curiosity and a willingness for continual learning. e.g. we mostly use Python today; we may move to other languages in the future.
- Comfortable working asynchronously on a distributed team.
- Proactively collaborates with other teams/team members across time zones.
- A degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related subject.
We are on a mission to enable every IT Admin to automate the fundamental tasks that keep their corporation secure. This mission can only be accomplished with a culture embodies entrepreneurialism, accountability and providing our employees with the clear direction and freedom to do their best work. We don’t measure excellence based on how but on the what. Each employee has a value and contribution to the success of Automox. We look forward to working with you and seeing the success you will bring on our journey.
Remote : USA the world is changing so are we, Automox has moved to a fully distributed company and is open to hiring across the US.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Automox. Automox is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status, or any legally protected status.