Software Engineer - MacOS at Zoom Video Communications (Remote)
The Zoom Client Application team is looking for an energetic and passionate Software Engineer who will perform client application development for Zoom Meeting, Zoom Webinar, Zoom Chat, and Zoom Phone on Windows, macOS, Linux, iOS and Android. In this role, you will utilize your knowledge of native desktop client application programming to scale these widely-used programs on MacOS.
- Develop and maintain Zoom Meeting APIs on MacOS platforms (ARM and X64).
- Use Objective-C and modern C++ to design and develop new functionalities from product managers and customers.
- Familiar to MacOS video and audio frameworks and Metal rendering engine to continuously improve meeting experience.
- Able to use the performance tools like Instruments and other system profiling tool to measure application performance and energy usage, and able to make improvement of the whole application performance.
- Proficient in using various debugging tools like LLDB to perform client troubleshooting and read application crash reports for post-mortem analysis. Know techniques to figure out the root cause of various crashes.
- Work closely with QA team, Product and Project Managers, Product Designers, and DevOps to drive engineering release and deliver success.
- Need to communicate with technical support, customer success, or customers to deal with product issues and tickets.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related.
- 4+ years of software development experience.
- 2 years of experience in MacOS native client development.
- Proficient in C++, Xcode, Objective-C and Cocoa Framework.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or related.
- Programming experience in audio and video processing on Mac platforms.
- Programming experience with WebRTC.
- Experience with specialist domains: real-time collaboration application development, real-time multimedia communication application development, instant messaging application development, SIP application development, third party libraries in C++.
- Excellent foundation in computer science, with competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design optimized for minimum binary size, maximum performance and large scale.
- Good communication skills.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Zoom’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives including qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records as well as any qualified applicants requiring reasonable accommodations in accordance with the law.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Zoomies is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Hear from our leadership team
Browse Awards and Employee Reviews on Comparably
Visit our Blog
Zoom with us!
Find us on social at the links below and on Instagram