Software Engineer Lead
Who are we?
We’re Dice, eFinancialCareers and ClearanceJobs, services of DHI Group, Inc. — where we're connecting futures now. We help connect professionals with the careers they want and companies with the talent they need, and we achieve this by providing online access to relevant and meaningful jobs, candidates, and insights within each of the communities we serve.
Why work with us?
We provide opportunities for you to contribute to our success, within a collaborative team where your opinion matters!
We challenge you to do exciting work while helping you grow your career!
We offer competitive pay, benefits and programs for you and your family to live healthy and secure!
We host social events for you to connect with others across our company and markets!
We serve the communities where we're located, and the causes important to you!
What is this opportunity?
Software Engineer Lead
- Lead application design, development, automated testing, performance analysis and deployment efforts of your team.
- Perform code reviews to create more efficient, reusable and testable code.
- Collaborate with team to develop consistent and clear API specifications.
- Help set the engineering direction of the product.
- Communicate project status to team members and external stakeholders.
- Work with Product Management to understand and solve business issues.
- Develop and own high-performance APIs, libraries and UI frameworks that support a highly-available, public-facing web application.
- Mentor and coach engineering team to improve process and technical capability.
What are we requiring for this role?
Required Knowledge, Skills and/or Attributes
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Effective time management skills
- Ability to work in a team atmosphere
Required Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's degree in MIS, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related discipline or equivalent work experience
- 12+ years of experience with analyzing, designing, coding, building, testing and deploying application systems in a business environment
- Extensive experience building RESTful Web API’s and integration systems with Java,
- Experience with serverless function based architectures (i.e. AWS Lambda in Python, Java, C#)
- Excellent understanding of SQL and NoSQL Databases (Postgres and Dynamo preferred)
- Experience building large scale APIs and web applications
- Experience with event-driven microservice architectures and domain-driven design
- Experience with Git (Bitbucket a plus)
- Experience mentoring and providing technical leadership within an Agile environment
- Experience with CI/CD tools (AWS CodeStar, Jenkins, Automated Testing, etc.)
- Experience with AWS (EC2, DynamoDB, Lambda, API Gateway, CloudWatch, Code Pipeline, Code Deploy)
- Experience with infrastructure as code tools, such as Terraform or CloudFormation
- Experience with Angular or Front-end frameworks
- Demonstrable open-source work and contributions