The Zoom Client Engineering team is here to perform end to end backend server and frontend application development for Zoom Meeting, Zoom Webinar, Zoom Chat, and Zoom Phone on Windows, macOS, Linux, iOS, Android and browser . Our team is looking to bring on a Software Engineer who is passionate in the field. In this role, you will utilize your knowledge of web backend programming in Java to extend the functionality on Windows, macOS, Linux, iOS and Android and web browsers.
We are looking for a Java backend developer to join our team!
- Write web back end service in Java for Zoom's collaboration software that will perform at scale, be supportable, and be extensible
- Develop prototypes quickly
- Design major software components and features
- Work with engineering partners to ensure end to end user experience
- Work with operations teams to ensure your applications and services are highly available and reliable
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related
- Software development experience in Java
- Master's degree in Computer Science or related
- Experience with concurrency, and design patterns
- Experience with framework such as Spring, Spring MVC, and Spring Boot, Mysql and SQL optimization, DynamoDB, and Jenkins
- Knowledge of JVM, memory management and optimization
- Knowledge of Spring cloud stacks such as Eureka, Ribbon, Feign, Hystrix, and Zuul
- Knowledge of Redis, RabbitMQ, and Kafka
- Excellent foundation in computer science, with competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design optimized for maximum performance, and large scale
- Good communication skills
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Zoom's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives including qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records as well as any qualified applicants requiring reasonable accommodations in accordance with the law.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Zoomies is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Zoom requires all U.S. employees who will work in person at a Zoom office, attend in-person Zoom meetings or have in-person customer meetings to be fully vaccinated. Zoom will consider requests for reasonable accommodations for religious or medical reasons as required under applicable law.
- Hear from our leadership team
- Browse Awards and Employee Reviews on Comparably
- Visit our Blog
- Zoom with us!
- Find us on social at the links below and on Instagram