Software Engineer, Java at Zoom Video Communications (Remote)
In most cases, you will have the opportunity to choose your preferred working location from the following options when you join Zoom: in-person, hybrid or remote. Visit this page for more information about Zoom's Workstyles .
Zoomies help people stay connected so they can get more done together. We set out to build the best video product for the enterprise, and today help people communicate better with products like Zoom Contact Center, Zoom Phone, Zoom Events, Zoom Apps, Zoom Rooms, and Zoom Webinar.
We're problem-solvers, working at a fast pace to design solutions with our customers and users in mind. Here, you'll work across teams to deliver impactful projects that are changing the way people communicate and enjoy opportunities to advance your career in a diverse, inclusive environment.
Zoom is an award-winning workplace. We have been recognized by Comparably as #1 CEO, Company Happiness, Benefits, Compensation, Diversity, and more! Not to mention we've been awarded by Glassdoor as the 2nd Best US workplace & Best Large Company US CEO in 2018, Wealthfront, and Business Insider. Our culture focuses on delivering happiness, our commitment to transparency, and the tangible benefits we provide our employees and our customers.
The Zoom Client Engineering team is here to perform end to end backend server and frontend application development for Zoom Meeting, Zoom Webinar, Zoom Chat, and Zoom Phone on Windows, macOS, Linux, iOS, Android and browser . Our team is looking to bring on a Software Engineer who is passionate in the field. In this role, you will utilize your knowledge of web backend programming in Java to extend the functionality on Windows, macOS, Linux, iOS and Android and web browsers.
We are looking for a Java backend developer to join our team!
- Write web back end service in Java for Zoom's collaboration software that will perform at scale, be supportable, and be extensible
- Develop prototypes quickly
- Design major software components and features
- Work with engineering partners to ensure end to end user experience
- Work with operations teams to ensure your applications and services are highly available and reliable
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related
- Software development experience in Java
- Master's degree in Computer Science or related
- Experience with concurrency, and design patterns
- Experience with framework such as Spring, Spring MVC, and Spring Boot, Mysql and SQL optimization, DynamoDB, and Jenkins
- Knowledge of JVM, memory management and optimization
- Knowledge of Spring cloud stacks such as Eureka, Ribbon, Feign, Hystrix, and Zuul
- Knowledge of Redis, RabbitMQ, and Kafka
- Excellent foundation in computer science, with competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design optimized for maximum performance, and large scale
- Good communication skills
We believe that the unique contributions of all Zoomies is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. Zoom is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives including qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records and any qualified applicants requiring reasonable accommodations in accordance with the law. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a medical condition, or if you need assistance accessing our website or completing the application process, please let us know by emailing us at [email protected] .
Zoom requires all U.S. employees who will work in person at a Zoom office, attend in-person Zoom meetings or have in-person customer meetings to be fully vaccinated. Zoom will consider requests for reasonable accommodations for religious or medical reasons as required under applicable law.
At Zoom, we care about our employees, their families, and their well-being. As part of our award-winning workplace culture and commitment to delivering happiness, our benefits program offers a variety of perks, benefits, and options to help employees maintain their physical, mental, emotional, and financial health; support work-life balance; and contribute to their community in meaningful ways. To view our benefits, click here .
- Hear from our leadership team
- Browse Awards and Employee Reviews on Comparably
- Visit our Blog
- Zoom with us!
- Find us on social at the links below and on Instagram
- View more jobs, sign up for job alerts and join our talent community. Visit the Zoom careers site .