DISQO is changing the way that the world’s largest brands, agencies and consumer intelligence companies get to know their consumers. We’ve built the first identity-based platform that combines consumer attitudes and behaviors together to power the most accurate and predictive insights solutions for our customers, and we do all of that with the willing participation of our consumers and without using outdated technologies like third-party cookies. We help our customers get a cross-platform view into consumer sentiment, measure advertising effectiveness, analyze consumer purchase journeys, and ultimately grow their brands.
Our mission is to build the most trusted insights platform that fuels brand growth. With over one million active members sharing their attitudes and behaviors, DISQO is looking to expand, improve and create world-class applications for people to openly share their data for research.
Check out the DISQO Developer Blog for the latest from our DISQOTECH team.
As a Java Backend Engineer, you are a member of a dynamic and agile engineering team responsible for building microservices that power our customer-facing products. You will work closely with other Software Engineers as well as your Engineering Manager to stay ahead of the curve with our products and architecture. You will participate in driving engineering craftsmanship and best practices on your team and drive improvements as necessary.
What you will do:
- Be a part of an agile team that makes and keeps regular commitments.
- Design, build and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Java code.
- Ensure not just development, but testing is also part of the definition of done user stories to enable sprint success.
- Translate application storyboards and use cases into functional applications.
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the applications.
- Completes applications development by coordinating requirements, schedules, and activities; contributing to team meetings; troubleshooting development and production problems across multiple environments and operating platforms.
- Updates job knowledge by researching new internet/intranet technologies and software products; participating in educational opportunities; reading and writing professional publications; maintaining personal networks.
- Participate in design and code reviews.
What you bring to the table:
- At least 2 years in software engineering with proven working experience in Java development
- At least 2 years experience in Spring framework
- At least 2 years experience with relational databases such as MySQL or PostgreSQL
- At least 2 years experience with Linux
- At least 1 year of experience with unit and integration testing
- Basic experience with Microservices and RESTful APIs
Nice to Have
- Experience with Containerization and Docker
- Experience with CI/CD
- Experience with Amazon Web Services
- Experience with functional programming concepts and/or languages
- Basic PHP knowledge
- Experience in non-relational databases such as DynamoDB
#dice #LI-Remote #LI-SG1
Perks & Benefits:
·100% covered Medical/Dental/Vision for employee, 80% for dependents
·Generous PTO policy
·Flexible workplace policy
·Paid Maternity/Paternity leave
·Travel Assistance Program
·24/7 Counseling Services offered to Employees
·Access to personal and professional growth tools - Calm App & LinkedIn Learning
DISQO is an equal opportunity employer. Discovery, innovation, and growth are possible when we open ourselves to new possibilities, perspectives, and approaches. That’s why, at DISQO, we welcome, support, and empower individuals from diverse backgrounds. Exceptional teams are rooted in extraordinary people, each with a unique story and a compelling set of skills. DISQO does not discriminate against employees based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, age, disability, pregnancy (including childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), genetic information, protected military or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
*Recruiting firms that submit resumes to DISQO without first entering into a written contract will not be entitled to any compensation on candidates referred by that firm.