Software Engineer IV - Enterprise Integration
GHX is seeking a Software Engineer IV - Enterprise Integration located in the Louisville, CO office. This individual will be responsible for leading development efforts toward the creation, implementation, and support of existing and next-generation software solutions. The Software Engineer IV will analyze, design, program, debug, and modify software enhancements and/or new products used in local, networked, or Internet-related computer programs. This role is responsible for interacting with users to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications in an Agile/Scrum environment.
Principle duties and responsibilities:
- Gathers and writes technical requirements for complex stories, features, and epics. Authors technical designs.
- Codes web applications across domains following specifications and using the appropriate tools. Identifies best practices and guides other team members in the implementation of best practices.
- Generates supporting unit test as well as system test specifications and implementations. Builds the automated test framework, drives best practices, and troubleshoots issues.
- Maintains, modifies, and improves existing applications.
- Recognizes when a broad solution is needed based on trends/root causes and recommends solutions.
- Contributes to and may lead project document reviews and design/code reviews.
- Ensures adherence to IT Control Policies throughout design, development, and testing.
- Proactively works with cross-functional teams. Builds and maintains good business relationships that help drive ideas and solutions.
- Proactively engages team to review ideas, solutions, issues, and/or concerns.
- Applies AGILE concepts and works collaboratively and closely with QA in an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Trains and mentors new/junior teammates and coordinate the activities within the larger team.
- Proficient with multiple technologies and may have some understanding of architectural principles.
- Identifies, implements, and applies best practices. Is the “go to” person on the team.
- Defines how the work should be done; provides intelligent alternatives to the status quo. Sells and drives ideas. Owns issues and can work effectively inside and outside of the team to influence and drive results.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and possesses a proven track record of high quality deliverables.
- Ability to effectively communicate technical concepts to technical staff and is able to work effectively with cross-functional departments with varying degrees of technical experience.
- Understands and is able to explain up and downstream impacts across products, teams, and the organization.
- Constructively challenges the status quo; develops, proposes, and supports the implementation of innovative and creative solutions. Iterates and improves across multiple business domains.
- Displays flexibility in adapting to changing conditions and helps lead others through change.
- Leads by example, promotes a common purpose, and is a catalyst for success.
- Thinks strategically, displays a high degree of emotional maturity, and demonstrates a positive outlook.
- Strong team player, makes a valuable contribution to team objectives, displays trust and mutual understanding, accepts constructive feedback, and handles confrontation constructively.
- Possesses a broad understanding of Agile/LEAN principles and the ability to apply the AGILE methodology; competent AGILE team member.
- Requires a minimum of 8 years of experience in software development.
- BS Degree in Computer Science.
- Post-graduate degree preferred.
- Prior experience working in an AGILE/SCRUM environment.
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team on multiple overlapping projects.
- Proven track record of successfully delivering large projects.
- Strong Java developer
- Object Oriented Design and Development skills, including understanding of common design patterns.
- Some experience with Containerization and container orchestration.
- Some experience with AWS cloud service
- Web application, Client/server programming experience.
- Restful and SOAP services
- Relation Database & SQL Experience
- Basic understanding of some networking protocols [TCP, HTTP, FTP, SSH, SSL] and interfaces.
- Linux / UNIX
- Code versioning – svn , git, etc.
- Build tools – maven , gradle,
- Certificate-based authentication, cryptography
- Experience in System integration/ B2B integrations / SCM / MMIS / ERP development or integration is a plus.
- EDI Experience is a plus
- Exposure to UI framework like Angular is a plus
- SSL and java cryptography programming experience.
- Load testing using any toolset.
- Functional and behavioral testing using any toolset
- Exposure to CICD process using Jenkins/ hudson, bamboo or something similar.
- Spring is a plus
Familiarity with centralized log management solution
Data analytics is a plus
Team player with a good attitude.
Global Healthcare Exchange, LLC and its North American subsidiaries (collectively, “GHX”) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any status protected by applicable law. This EEO policy applies to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment, including hiring, training and development, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, educational assistance, termination, layoffs, social and recreational programs, and retirement.
GHX believes that employees should be provided with a working environment which enables each employee to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law. GHX expects and requires the cooperation of all employees in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere. Improper interference with the ability of GHX’s employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.