Software Engineer II
Make an impact and love what you do!
As a team member embedded in an energetic agile team of Software and QA Engineers, you will create software products utilizing state of the art technologies. With your team, you'll celebrate all the hard work that goes into a successful release to market while gaining first-hand experience in cutting edge, lean-agile, software development methodologies. Our culture fosters collaboration, innovation, integrity, mentorship, commitment to success and FUN. Our managers are dedicated to growing their people and offering an opportunity that allows you to make impact in your career.
If you love technology, are hungry to learn, and are looking for a creative, fun and friendly workplace where you get to develop software that will transform the insurance industry, we would love to get in touch with you!
We need software engineers that:
- Have an intense passion for innovating and crafting clean code
- Have 2-3 years of professional experience with Java/.NET and common frameworks
- Can work advanced database magic with relational and NoSQL databases
- Are in-tune with high performance and high availability design/programming
- Have experience in security best practices for software and data platforms
- Are comfortable working with web services ( RESTful)
- Enjoy solving problems through the entire application stack
- Are interested and capable of learning other programming languages as needed.
We love software engineers that:
- Closely follow industry trends and the open source community
- Care about quality and know what it means to ship high quality code
- Are curious and avid learners
- Can interact with customers to gather insights and translate technical concepts
- Communicate clearly to explain and defend design decisions
- Are self-motivated and excellent problem-solvers
- Are driven to improve, personally and professionally
- Mentor and inspire others to raise the bar for everyone around them
- Love to collaborate with their peers, designing pragmatic solutions
- Operate best in a fast-paced, flexible work environment
We really like it when they:
- Have experience working in an Agile environment
- Share what they know by mentoring other team members
- Have degree in Computer Science or similar valuable experience
Vertafore strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law equal employment.
If you're looking for challenge and opportunity, reach out to us at www.vertafore.com/careers