Software Engineer II (.NET)
As a Software Engineer II, you will be working within an experienced team implementing solutions that support a wide range of external and internal customers. You will develop high quality web-based applications for new and existing features. You will also have the opportunity to bring your creative ideas to the table to deliver better solutions to our users.
If you love technology, have a passion for software, are hungry to learn, and are driven to contribute to a world-class team of engineers, you're who we are looking for.
Core requirements and responsibilities:
Essential job functions included but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for developing new features and supporting/bug fixing existing features
- Responsible for production
- Share what they know by mentoring other team members
- Closely follow industry trends and the open source community
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Care about quality and know what it means to ship high quality code
- Curious and avid learner
- Communicate clearly to explain and defend design decisions
- Self-motivated and excellent problem-solver
- Driven to improve, personally and professionally
- Mentor and inspire others to raise the bar for everyone around them
- Collaborate with their peers, designing pragmatic solutions
- Operate best in a fast-paced, flexible work environment
- Prepare technical training and information sessions for other staff
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (or related technical field) or equivalent practical experience
- Design and architecture knowledge
- Have an intense passion for innovating and crafting clean code
- 2-3 years of professional experience with C#.NET and/or VB.NET
- Can work advanced database magic with relational MS SQL databases
- Are in-tune with high performance and high availability design/programming
- Have experience in security best practices for software and data platforms
- Enjoy solving problems through the entire application stack
- Are interested and capable of learning other programming languages as needed.
Additional Requirements and Details:
- Located and working from an office location
- Occasional lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds
- Frequent repetitive hand and arm movements required to operate a computer
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision (working on a computer, etc.)
- Frequent sitting and/or standing
Vertafore is a drug free workplace and conducts preemployment drug and background screenings.
The selected candidate must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the job responsibilities, duties, skill, or working conditions. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. In addition, this document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.
Vertafore strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.