Software Engineer - Frontend
Sunday: Unbox a better lawn. We’re a venture-funded, Boulder-based startup that’s reinventing the lawn and garden space through a consumer-centric lens of e-commerce and technology. Our approachable, data-driven service and products help Americans in every state turn their yards into verdant, sustainable ecosystems, without all the toxic stuff. (Think Method Home meets StitchFix - for Lawns!)
We are backed by a group of top-tier investors (including Sequoia, Forerunner, and Tusk), and following our Series B raise, we are looking for the right people to grow our core team. Together, we will redefine an industry by continuing to build cutting-edge products that help people and the environment. If you don’t want to take our word for it, check out our recent coverage on TechCrunch!
We offer competitive pay, equity compensation, and a fantastic company culture.
Sunday is looking for a mid-level to senior Frontend Engineer to support our growing team in improving our web applications. With an ever-expanding customer base we have a long roadmap of amazing products to build. Key to this role will be the ability to balance both short-term deliverables and long-term goals as Sunday continues to thrive and scale for the future. We look forward to hiring someone who will work tirelessly to understand our customers and deliver the best possible experience to them through collaboration with internal teams beyond engineering.
- Collaborate with designers and internal stakeholders to plan features and projects that bring value to our customers
- Work closely with backend engineers to create new API functionality
- Write automated tests to improve app confidence
- Monitor for, debug, and fix frontend issues
Skills and Qualifications:
- 3-5 years of experience using React, including hooks - we use them a lot
- Deep understanding of HTML, CSS, and JS (we use SCSS)
- Comfortable with state management libraries (we use Redux, Jotai, and React Query)
- Knowledge of testing best practices (we use Jest and React Testing Library)
- Be a core member of a small, focused, innovative team
- Help make critical decisions that will drive success
- Health, Dental, Vision Benefits: covering employee premiums 100%; spouse/family 50%
- Unlimited PTO
- 401(k) program
- Located in beautiful Boulder, Colorado / COVID Remote