Software Engineer, FIS University Program at FIS
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS, you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate, and above all, fun.
Join the 2022 FIS University Program!
We are offering an exciting opportunity to join FIS as a Software / Technologist Developer in the FIS University Program. This two-year program is suited to entry-level joiners who aspire to develop a successful career with a leading Fintech company!
As a 2022 FIS University Program full-time employee, you will have the opportunity to participate in team projects, community service activities, and professional development seminars. Furthermore, you will work with a team invested in your growth, development, and success, including quarterly performance connects with your manager and bi-annual merit reviews.
This two-year full-time program has start dates in January, March, June, and September with a dedicated "Learning Week" where you will;
- Learn how to work within a corporate environment
- Learn the structure of FIS and options for growth within the organization
- Hear from FIS leadership about their journey and participate in senior leader networking opportunities
- Build a network of your peers from across the organization
This position is for a June 27, 2022 start.
About the Team
FIS is searching for talented Software Engineers for various roles within our Banking and Payments Software Development organization. You can look forward to an exciting and dynamic career working on multiple technologies and expect to master various programming languages and technology platforms. FIS is committed to the continuous modernization of our platforms as we create innovative financial solutions that improve the way the world pays, banks, and invests.
What You Will Be Doing
You will be developing innovative financial solutions that provide continuous improvement and modernization of company products. You will primarily be responsible for:
- Designing solutions, writing code, testing code, automating tests, and deployment.
- Adopting and mastering multiple programming languages and technologies.
- Managing individual project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables.
- Delivering software components by working in collaboration with product and design teams.
- Partnering with other technology teams to ensure integrated end-to-end design and integration.
- Following existing process guidelines; drives new processes, procedures, team rules, and best practices.
**The selection of your technical environment will be determined given the business need and individual strengths and interests**
What You Bring
- Bachelor's degree inComputer Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science, or Information Science.
- Willingness and ability to learn, master, and work in both new and older technologies.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills for technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization.
- Passion for tinkering and technology -Amazon Echo, Arduino, and IoT, AR/VR, Creative Coding; you like hackathons and innovation sprints!
- Positive outlook, strong work ethic, and responsive to internal and external clients and contacts.
Added Bonus If You Have
- Academic, internship, or professional experience in one or more programming languages.
- Foundational knowledge of networking, computing platform, storage, database, security, middleware, network and systems management, and related infrastructure technologies and practices.
What We Offer You
- Competitive salary and excellent benefits
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- A broad range of professional education and personal development possibilities - FIS is your final career step!
- Time to support charities and give back to your community
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility, and respect
- FIS will pay off participants' principal student loan balance over 10 years of service. Eligibility starts after one year of tenure in the program for US participants
Notice to all US applicants: All employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Individuals with a disability (including a medical condition) or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.