Moov is the payments processor devoted to delighting users. We help software companies add money movement to their products, letting the end-user drive how they pay and get paid.
We’re looking for a Software Engineer to join our Card Operations team. As a member of the Moov team, you will build new and improve existing banking and payment experiences that customers depend on every day.
- Work on next-generation financial products
- Lead teams of developers and mentor fellow team members
- Design and build production services using Go, databases, and cloud solutions
- Create APIs and tooling to support products and services
- Reproduce customer issues with our tools and contribute to them
- Triage and assist incoming support requests
- Collaborate with fellow engineers, product managers, business development, and company leadership to solve problems and plan for the future
- Own the full release lifecycle from feature development to public and hosted release
- Contribute to documentation of the system
- Self-guided building and planning of production systems
- History of contributing to open source projects
- Years of experience in production environments
- Knowledge of general ledger or payment systems
- A desire to perform and grow as an engineer
- The ability to design seemingly simple and creative solutions to complex problems
Technologies we use and teach
- MySQL, SQLite
- HTTP2, JSON
- Kafka, events, webhooks
Moov is a 100% remote company with people from more than 16 states. We’re backed by a16z and other respected investors. We won Visa’s global Everywhere Initiative and our community of builders grows larger every day. We’re committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills and we embrace diversity, creativity, and equal opportunity.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger.
We have mountain bikers, skiers/boarders, runners, video gamers, musicians, movie buffs, weight lifters, and about every other type of person in between. We enjoy solving problems and tackling challenges with creativity. If we don’t know the answer, we revel in the hunt to find it. We like helping people and choose to give first. We’re patient, open, and honest. If you share our values and enthusiasm for making the complex simple and delightful, you’ll find a home at Moov.
- 100% remote. We make remote-work work.
- We match what you contribute to your 401(k) up to 5% of your salary
- Generous parental leave
- Competitive health, dental, and vision insurance plans
- Unlimited PTO, paid holidays, and sick leave
- Learning stipend and a culture that encourages and promotes professional growth and development
- Home office stipend
- Ownership in the company via employee stock options
- Culture of people helping people who give first, celebrate wins together and embrace autonomy, transparency, and trust
- The opportunity to join an experienced and ambitious team passionate about solving customers’ needs and who love what they do
- Partner with a community of 2000+ developers around the world, helping them focus on possibilities vs payments
Salary range: $110k to $140k based on experience, geography, and other key factors
If you are nervous about not having the right qualifications, apply anyway! We hire people, not job roles. We look for talent that will help us push boundaries, experiment, and bring in new ideas. That means caring more about qualities than qualifications.
One more thing:
Don’t go iron your clothes for your interview (do people still own irons?). We're all pretty casual here, so you can wear whatever you are most comfortable in.
When you meet with us, have some concrete, tangible examples of when you’ve added value, improved something, created something, or done some fantastic, customer-centric work. We also want to learn about you as a person. If you want to know what it’s like working at Moov, check out stories from our employees.
Share our job roles with others! Wouldn’t it be nice to make new friends and bring over old friends? We think so.