Software Engineer - API/ATS at DHI Group, Inc.
Who are we?
We’re Dice and ClearanceJobs, services of DHI Group, Inc. We help connect professionals with the careers they want and companies with the talent they need—which we do by providing online access to relevant and meaningful jobs, candidates and insights within the communities we serve. And we’re looking for talent like you to join us in our mission to Connect Futures Now.
Why join us?
We're a team of passionate achievers partnering for the success of our customers and colleagues.
We're transforming the markets we serve by celebrating flexibility, ingenuity and inclusivity in all we do.
We're engaged in challenging, meaningful work to enhance the livelihood of those using our services.
We're coalescing in open, collaborative and dynamic environment where everyone's voice matters.
And so as you grow your career with us, we all thrive.
Why this role?
As Software Engineer - API/ATS you'll design and develop internal and external web services and integrate with clients and other web services. You will be part of an Agile team culture with people who enjoy shared goals and releasing new product features often. You will build public API's and work in all phases of the project life cycle. You will be part of a high caliber team consisting of tech, product, and DevOps working in short iterations, building production-ready software.
In this role, you'll be responsible for:
- Participating with team members in the design, development, and implementation of software as needed in the evolution of our platforms: user interface components (mostly Angular), API driven systems (mostly Java), and cloud native services (mostly AWS)
- Participating in pair programming sessions, agile software development activities, can provide reasonable levels of effort, and can provide input on deadlines
- Following typical life cycle methodologies, creates design documents, and performs program coding and testing
- Developing automated unit, integration, performance and end-to-end (E2E) tests
- Designing and developing Continuous Integration pipelines, for both software and infrastructure
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to implement project specifications, provide input, recommendations, and identify key technical risks to solutions and delivery schedules
- Following and helping influence architecture design standards across the technology organization
- Evangelizing good software engineering, maintain awareness of industry developments, and engage in continuous learning
For this role, we're requiring:
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Willingness and desire to learn new and different technologies
- Experience with analyzing, designing, coding, building, testing, and deploying application systems in a business environment
- Experience with Agile development processes
- Desire to work in an open and collaborative environment. We promote team effort and paired programming.
- RESTful API design and development experience
- Hands on experience implementing automated unit, integration, performance, and E2E tests for both front end and backend services. Test driven development (TDD) experience is helpful
- Experience working with AWS or Azure and software architecture techniques for developing cloud native application
- Experience with some of the following technologies or similar technologies:
- Java or other OO language, Python, SQL
- Spring Framework, Hibernate, RESTful Web Services
- Docker, Tomcat, Linux
- Git, Gradle, Jenkins, Artifactory
- Postgres, MongoDB
- JSON, XML, YAML
Base salary/pay of $72,000 – $140,000 per year, plus 10% annual bonus at 100% of plan targets tied to company and individual performance. Offer will depend on location and level of job-related knowledge, skills, abilities and experience.
Healthy living - medical, dental, vision, FSA, HSA, disability, life, wellness & fitness programs
Future living - 401(k) match, performance bonuses, education assistance, learning & development
Enjoy living - generous paid time off, parental leave, flexible summer hours, social & giving events
How to apply?
You can apply below. You'll just need to provide your resume and answer a few questions—it'll only take you a few minutes!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.